GO!

Stinky farts, no poop.

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 3:24pm PST 
About a week ago, Charlie got into food that was not his, while eating his own in the same day, causing stomach upset and intestinal issues - resulting in runny poop for several days. He eats Acana, and we typically switch between the different types to change things up a little without doing anything extreme. He has always done well on this.

But he still had the runs yesterday - we had just bought a bag of the Acana Wild Prairie stuff after he was on the Acana Adult Dog Regional stuff. Now this is a typical swap for us. We swap these types of Acana each month and he's never had problems.

But today, he's smelly and he hasn't taken a poop yet, which is unusual for him. Normally he has at least one poop in the morning. It's 4pm and still nothing.

Am I worrying over nothing? Is his stomach just settling back to its routine and packing again? He's fine otherwise.

Opinions?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 8:03pm PST 
I think that is how it goes. Food was rushing through too fast and now it is going through properly.
[notify]
Blue Cedar's- Let'r Ryp .- . .

Legs out to- here!

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 8:13pm PST 
I'd keep an eye on him and if any pain, discomfort, etc. occurs and he's still not pooping, he may need to be seen by a vet. But, if he's acting normal, his body is prob. just adjusting. Sometimes mine will be a bit irregular after we do our food rotation.
[notify]

Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 3:45pm PST 
Second Let'r Ryp, make sure Charlie does start defecating. In the mean time, it can't hurt to get him a pre/probiotic and digestive enzyme blend that will help restore his gut flora back to normal. I know if I switch a food too soon or he accidentally gets into the cat food, without a probiotic and digestive enzyme blend Daddy gets horrible gas.
[notify]