GO!

15 year old female husky trembling and panting

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Kai

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 2:37pm PST 
My 15 year old Alaskan husky, Winter (Kai's big sister), started having trembling spells a couple days ago. I know she's not cold because she has a husky coat, and she's trembling inside the house. She has been acting very stubborn as well, and seems to want to be right in my face/on my lap. I wonder if she is having dementia, and perhaps the shaking is a result of dementia related anxiety? She is eating normally, however. I am planning on taking her to the vet if this doesn't stop in the next couple of days, because I know that she could be in some type of pain...anyone have any insight?
[notify]
Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 7:39pm PST 
Trembling and panting to me is worrisome... I'd make that vet appointment.
Pippin-CGC-R- IP Sweet Boy

Gone Far Too- Soon

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 7:42pm PST 
Please get her into the vet...I waited a day too long with our sweet Pippin & we lost him...Don't wait too long!frown
[notify]

Leah, CGC

All the Beauty- with none of the- Brains

Barked: Sun Nov 21, '10 6:40am PST 
Shaking and trembling can be indicative of pain, chronic wasting disease, chronic organ failure, some metabolic disease process like thyroid disease, diabetes or cushings disease, dementia, infection/fever, cancer or just about anything else.

Trembling and shaking often are the first signs that dogs show owners of illness. Especially in a 15 yr old I would seek vet attention sooner rather than later. In some cases waiting can make things worse.
[notify]
MattieMay

Agility Diva!

Barked: Sun Nov 21, '10 6:43am PST 
PAIN! Your dog may be trying to tell you she is in pain! Yes, please take her to the vet ASAP!
[notify]