GO!

Roxy has scabs all over her body

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 10:12am PST 
Roxy has scabs from pimple looking sores all over her body. It almost reminds me of Chicken Pox where the pimple shows up and they crust over. She is a little itchy, but has been for a long time. I first noticed a spot on her neck. I thought it was a wood tick but wasn't. Then I saw her licking her front leg, scab there. Now she several scabs under her chin, maybe 3 on her pink belly, one on front leg, arm pits....

I use K9 Advantix on her. She is really itchy when she comes in from outside. I'm wondering about allergies or flea bite allergy? She seems tired today but maybe it's because she played outside more yesterday then usual...

I will take her to the Vet but if I could wait until next week it would be better it's so busy right now with company coming.

Any idea's?
[notify]
Snoopy

I'm the KING of- Naughtiness

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 2:24pm PST 
How long has it been since Roxy was groomed/bathed? What does she eat? It could be anything, if she is generally itchy anyway, she could have food allergies and have given herself owies scratchin, or it could be bug bites, (mosquitoes bite dogs too, I think) My Pierre gets itchy outside in the grass and dirt, if I dont keep him clean, he will scratch himself into a bloody mess...
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 5:36pm PST 
Roxy gets a bath once a week. No change in food lately. Has been itchy for a few months that's when I changed her food to TOTW Pacific Stream. I did this because she was chewing her hair off the inside of her back legs and front paws. She now has the scabs from what looks like pimples that scab over. She is scratching some but not excessively. I really think shes worse after she comes in from outside. shrug
[notify]

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Thu Jul 8, '10 12:45pm PST 
Roxy isn't any better. I was hoping her pimple/scab things would go away but they haven't. Her eyes are running now. I made a appointment to see our Vet. We see him tomorrow. I sure wonder what he will tell me. She must have an allergy to something. It looks like she has a pimple on the inside corner of her eye and I think that's what is making her eyes run. When my sister was home we noticed a clump of hair that had come out on her neck. I just don't know. shrug
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Thu Jul 8, '10 1:24pm PST 
Oh no!

Roxy, I don't have any leads but I hope you feel better and can find out what's wrong.. hug
[notify]
♥Chlo- e- Chanel&heart- s;

Miss Chloe- Ba-by!

Barked: Thu Jul 8, '10 10:30pm PST 
Hope Roxy feels better soon! Poor baby, I know she has to be miserable. Big hugs to her.hug
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 5:15pm PST 
UPDATE ON ROXY

We went to the Vet today and Roxy has seasonal allergies, we think since she is worse now. Roxy has ear infection and Staph infection on her skin. That is what is making the sores. She was given Cephalexin for the skin infection and Gentamicin Sulfate for her ears. At this time were not checking what exact allergy she has but can do so later. She was doing really well until this skin infection.

He also checked for ear mites but she didn't have those. I wondered about having ear infection because last time her eyes got dark. Her eyes were starting to run again and that's what happened last time.

I am relieved to know what is wrong. Glad I took her in today!
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 5:16pm PST 
Great news Roxy! Hopefully she'll be back to her spunky self soon.cheer
[notify]
Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 5:22pm PST 
Poor Roxy - she must be so uncomfortable! Glad you got the staph diagnosed and are treating it. Hope she feels better soon! hug
[notify]