GO!

Why Does My Dog Keep Yawning?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Keaton

I'm Super Cool

Barked: Thu May 20, '10 12:40am PST 
Keaton will not stop yawning. At first I thought it was because he was up with me so late, but he has yawned over 30 times! I stopped counting once I got to thirty!!! If he is so tired, I don't know why he will not go to sleep. But, it is not starting to worry me, as it seems constant. He yawns every few seconds. He looks fine, just laying there, watching me on the computer, and yawning. Is this something I should be worried about or am I just overreacting? He is my baby boy, so I do have a tendency to do that at times. It just doesn't seem normal for a dog to yawn so much.
[notify]
Rambo

Ha Ha, you can't- catch me!!!!

Barked: Thu May 20, '10 5:28am PST 
Rambo did that one day and i ended up finding a piece of stick stuck in one of his back molars. The way it was lodged in there it kept poking the top of his mouth near his throat. I think he kept yawning because he thought it would make it go away. I was able to just pull it out, thank dog, and he stopped immediately after.
Check his teeth and throat, if he will let you. If you don't see anything call your vet and see what they say. Good luck
[notify]
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Thu May 20, '10 6:02am PST 
I agree with the above poster. Dogs yawn when they are stressed, check his body over and if you don't find anything call the vet to be sure.
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu May 20, '10 8:05am PST 
Most dogs will yawn when stressed. Is your dog anxious at all. Checking the teeth is a good idea as well. There may be an ear issue as well. Good luck.
[notify]
Gir

All that lives- is holy.

Barked: Thu May 20, '10 12:02pm PST 
Yawning is often a calming signal.

If this has just come up all of a sudden, if he's still doing it tomorrow, I'd take him to the vet if I were you.
[notify]