GO!

Purple Nipples and Swollen Vulva

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 4:18pm PST 
I just noticed about 30 mins ago that Chloe has blue-ish purple nipples, and I've noticed about two weeks now a swollen Vulva.

Chloe isn't yet Spayed and hasn't had her first heat yet. I was thinking she was maybe going into heat but i'm not sure. I checked the web and it looks like everyone is saying purple nipples and swollen vulva is associated with the heat cycle, but I would like to know if any of you know of something it could link too. I called the vet but said they couldn't help me unless I make a trip to them with an appointment which will be about 2-3 days.

Do you guys know what it could be?
Thanks in advanced.
[notify]
Baci, BH

Daddy's Little- Girl

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 4:24pm PST 
It sounds to me like she's in heat. That's usually what happens.
Also, is she acting a little like she doesn't want to be bothered?
[notify]
Paris

J&D's not your- steppin' stone

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 4:26pm PST 
She is in heat.shock
The bleeding should start in a day or three....

Edited by author Mon Mar 8, '10 4:26pm PST

[notify]

Mr. Kite "Sumo"

being for the- benefit of mr.- kite.

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 4:38pm PST 
awww chloe is a lady!

(i totally read "purple nurples" through the whole post...)
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 5:14pm PST 
LOL sumo, When I noticed, I was like, "Chloe, Let's go check out what your purple nurples mean!" Then I caught myself and giggled red face Haha
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 5:17pm PST 
Also, Thank you both for your replys, Now I don't have to freak out, I was thinking maybe she wasn't getting oxygen in her stomach area. or something weird. confused

She isn't acting like she want's to be alone, Infact she's trying to get me to play fetch right now aha
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 5:21pm PST 
Sorry, also, Does anyone know how long the average heat lasts for, Chloe and I are getting Photo's done on Saturday and I don't want her to have a diaper on shrug
[notify]
Spot

Boomer Did It

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 5:23pm PST 
3 weeks... but it doesn't have to be active bleeding. some dogs just get a swollen vulva for the entire thing. some dogs bleed around week 2 or so. keep her away from the boys unless you're ready to be a grandma!dancing
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 6:44pm PST 
Sorry for adding to this again - but does anyone know if getting closer with the male hu-man has anything to do with going into heat.

Chloe rarely hangs out with my fiancee - but all night she's wanted to just cuddle and sleep with him...?
[notify]
Paris

J&D's not your- steppin' stone

Barked: Mon Mar 8, '10 7:40pm PST 
No it shouldn't mean anything. Some dogs want MORE human interactions when in heat, maybe she's uncomfortable and seeking comfort.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2