GO!

How many times a day should a dog poop?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Sausage

feed me

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 6:58pm PST 
Eating a food with fillers such as grains and corn make for large, soft, and frequent poops, since their bodies aren't actually digesting it. My dog's littermates and mum, eating kibble with fillers, poop 4-5 times per day, while mine who eats raw, poops maybe 1-2.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 9:04pm PST 
Oh Really? Coz my dog eats a grain inclusive kibble and she has small firm stool and usually poops once, sometimes twice a day.
thinking

By the way, this thread is like 3 years old. shock

Edited by author Fri Dec 28, '12 9:16pm PST

[notify]
Vienna

Little V

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 11:57am PST 
her food doesnt have fillers or corn but has pea fiber. Do you think that the pea fiber could be doing this
[notify]

Sausage

feed me

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:06pm PST 
Vienna, if she's being fed a diet food, increased poop is not unusual - the food contains the fibre to make the dog feel full, but has no nutritional value for the dog. I usually feed vegetables to mine to induce pooping when she has constipation. party

The mucus, I'd consult your vet about.

There's really no need for a diet food though imho, I would lower her food intake by a little, increase activity, and see how her body looks after a month.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:54pm PST 
I would say depends on the dog, and as long as it is normal looking and not to soft I wouldn't worry. My pup will go 2-3 times a day and Mika goes 1-2 times a day.
[notify]
Vienna

Little V

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:19pm PST 
The food i give her is all natural real turkey in it and what not its Wellness small breed healthy weight. and only gets fed 1/4 cup of food once a day before she was on a puppy food and i was giving her 1/4 cup twice a day along with a 1 tsp of wet in each meal. Our vet said to walk her everyday and only feed her once a day and no more wet
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 9:16pm PST 
Why feed once a day? your dog is one kibble right?

I think twice a day be better especially for a small dog.. Hypoglycemia or something can be an issue I think?

I never owned a small breed like that before.

Saya is fed raw she poops once a day and sometimes twice depends on the meal bone in meal.

Bella who is fed a rotation diet of kibble like wellness core ocean, merrick kibble, fromm etc. she poops more often I don't take her out each time so can't accurately know how much she goes.
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 10:21am PST 
Luna poops every time take her out, which is approximately every four hours. She gets ToTW twice daily.
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 3:02pm PST 
I feed a mix of Wellness - White Fish and Sweet Potato and Organix - Salmon.

In general, all my dogs (5) poop twice a day.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2