GO!

Rabies Tags

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kato

Birds!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 12:59pm PST 
How does one get rabies tags for their dogs if the place they got their rabies shot doesn't give out rabies tags?

I've been looking into taking my dogs to an off leash dog park and one of the rules to the park is that the dog must be wearing a rabies tag. I got Kato neutered at a low cost clinic that was funded by the state government. They also gave him his rabies shot, but they don't have tags.

Is there anything I can do?
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 1:32pm PST 
Can't you just show the paperwork you were given at the time of the shot? That seems like it would be enough.
[notify]
Winnie Lam

Squeaker- Killer...Qu'est-- ce que c'est!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 2:06pm PST 
Kato, paperwork makes sense! But that's odd that they didn't give you a tag; I guess it depends on the state. Mommy used to volunteer at low cost vaccination/neuter clinic and they gave out rabies tags...
[notify]

Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 2:27pm PST 
Mine have rabies tags and its a pain in the donkey for Princess. Its so big on her that it dangles right in front of her face and she chews on it. She is on her second one!smile

Edited by author Mon Oct 26, '09 2:29pm PST

[notify]
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 2:32pm PST 
I keep Chan's rabies tag and license on my key ring. I've heard of too many dogs getting their tags caught and strangling to death. His ID is on a collartag.

OP, I'd just keep a copy of your dog's rabies certificate with you, if you have no tag.
[notify]
Kato

Birds!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 4:54pm PST 
I didn't think I had the paperwork since I had to have it all sent to the shelter where I adopted him, but I managed to find one receipt in Kato's folder so that should work. Thanks again all.

However, just curious, is there anyway for me to get him an official tag for rabies? It'd be easier and last longer than a piece of paper that would probably get lost somewhere in various coat pockets.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 4:58pm PST 
Kato, Maybe request one from the vet you went too? Or go to like the animal services building in your town/city. If you have a recipet i'm sure they would have to give you one..
[notify]
Mr. Kite "Sumo"

being for the- benefit of mr.- kite.

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 5:04pm PST 
is there someone there to enforce it?
sumo doesn't wear his because it's too big-
and that is one of the rules at our park, too
but there is noone there enforcing it.
i'm all for following all the rules but...not every dog
wears a rabies tag. i keep sumo's paperwork in my car
so if someone DID ask me, i would show it to them.
[notify]
Kato

Birds!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 5:14pm PST 
I've never been to this dog park (or any dog park), so I don't know if people are there to enforce it. It's over an hour away from where I live, so I can't really ask people. From what I've read, the park is in a state park, so I'm guessing there would be some park rangers or officials there. Whether or not they'd enforce it....I just don't know. I personally don't think of it as that big of a deal, but rules are rules.
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 2:45am PST 
Ok, I had dental work done yesterday and it must have messed up my brain power. It Princess' city ID tag that I have on her. I dont have her rabies tag either. When IL's brought her and her stuff to live here they forgot her rabies tag , but I do have her paperwork. Not to mention you cant get your city tag here without rabies shot. Come to think of it, I never got Bunny's put on either red face
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2