GO!

oregano

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Hudson

he's one in a- million!!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 10:20am PST 
is oregano safe for dogs?? my grandama is really into holistic healing & stated that oregano is a great immune booster & has numerous other benefits to it. can i eat fresh oregano or take oregano oil?thinkingthinking
[notify]
Dosha

It moved! Chase- it, Chase it!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 10:31am PST 
From what I am reading, Oregano is not toxic to dogs. I did a little searching before posting, and this is about the best one I found on the toxic, you might want to google the healing properties of it for dogs before continuing though.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2006100818403 2AAMKCDZ

Hope this helps.
[notify]
Hudson

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 10:43am PST 
hi dosha,
thanks for your quick response!! unfortunately the question has been deleted. i will do a google search but wanted to know if any my dogster friends had any experience with it.
[notify]

Dosha

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 11:06am PST 
well according to the post I had read, which the link I posted led to, Oregano isn't toxic... I've only had my dog a couple of years so I haven't had any personal experiences with it... sorry.
[notify]
Hudson

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 11:19am PST 
well i took your advice & googled it. it seems like many people have used oregano & oil of oregano for their dogs. i even found lots of benefits for it!!! looks like we'll be using it too!!blue dogdog
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 11:51am PST 
My pup get pizza, has oregano in it along with other meals I cook and has never bothered him, but I would ask your vet.
[notify]
Dosha

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 12:52pm PST 
Good to hear... I didn't dig very far, as I was just trying to find out if it was toxic, but a lot of links and references had popped up when I put the search in. Glad you found what you needed. snoopy
[notify]