GO!

Are bell peppers safe for dogs?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

This is just the- way we roll!!!

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 10:21pm PST 
Are bell peppers safe for dogs?
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Thu Jul 2, '09 7:57am PST 
I've given them to my dogs when I made too many stuffed peppers bol. They are safe, but unless cooked/pureed people say a dog won't get the nutrients from vegetables.
[notify]
Mason

The skinny fat- dog!

Barked: Fri Jul 3, '09 9:05pm PST 
Good God, I sure as heck hope so. Mason eats them like there is no tomorrow! They are his favorite vegetable! Never had a problem so far!
[notify]

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Jul 3, '09 10:17pm PST 
Bell peppers are safe for dogs. However people say to avoid giving it to arthritic dogs becase the pepper is a nightshade vegetable and so may aggravate arthritis.
[notify]
Mason

The skinny fat- dog!

Barked: Sat Jul 4, '09 2:27am PST 
Another thng to be aware of, since dogs cannot digest the celluose in veggies, if you feed red bell peppers to your dogs, they will remain red in their poop! red face A few weeks ago, I was freaking out because I thought Mason had big globs of bright red blood in his stool. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was pieces of red pepper.

What can I say, I'm an idiot!laugh out loud
[notify]