GO!

lump on elbow

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 5:43pm PST 
do pups elbows ever get irritated other than just callouses from laying on them.

Willy has been licking one of his elbows a lot lately. its all red and it has like a small red lump. it kind of looks like a bug bite that got irriated but im unsure.
[notify]
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 9:20am PST 
anyone?
[notify]
In loving- memory of- Barney

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 4:10pm PST 
Our Barney had a lump that looked kind of like a bug bite and then he started messing with it. We took him to the vet and they wanted to remove it. It could be totally innocent or it could be something not so good.

I would suggest getting it looked at. We did for Barney and are now facing chemo. frown

I don't mean to scare you. Barney's lump was there for a little while, a couple months. But it didn't go away and then got worse. His ended up being a mast cell tumor. Good luck and I hope your baby just has a callous.

Edited by author Mon Jun 29, '09 4:12pm PST

[notify]