GO!

Help! Just ate teabag..

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Little Miss- Maddi

We're in Modern- Dog! Pages 56,- 57 & 80!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 10:18am PST 
I weigh about 7-8 lbs, and just ate a green tea bag off the coffee-table that mommy had used this morning. Should mommy make me throw up?
[notify]
Laila

A lesson in- unconditionnal- love

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 10:28am PST 
call the vet and ask them. they are usually very helpful over the phone.
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 10:29am PST 
I think it can be pooped out, you can try giving a lot (1/4 cup every every hour) of unspiced canned pumpkin to get it moving faster. is it caffeine free?
[notify]

Laila

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 10:31am PST 
green tea has small amounts of cafeine.

pumplin might help. or vaseline.

did she chew it up first?

cause for such a small dog I'd worry about obstruction if she swalloed it whole
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 10:37am PST 
Most of the tea will dissolve though. I'd be afraid if she induces vomiting that she could choke if the tea bag string gets stuck or something.shrug
[notify]
Laila

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 11:21am PST 
oh I was not suggesting she induce vomiting. I'd never give medical recommendations as I am not a vet. I was simply pointing out my concern over obstruction.

OP, call the vet like I suggested before. they will usually help you over the phone and tell you to monitor the dog before they tell you to come in (they'll tell you what to look for to tell if you should go to the vet).
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 12:32pm PST 
I don't know about tea bags in a dog that small -- yes, it happened to a golden of mine once, but it was black tea with orange and spices!

I hope that you were able to get a hold of an emergency vet, considering it's Sunday.
The big worry is the amount of caffeine in a small dog. thinking

Too late for you probably, but here is a good video about when and how to induce vomiting in a doggie:
Emergency Dog Health Care
[notify]