GO!

Sleeping under the bed

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Trixie

Mommy's Little- Baby Trix

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 8:15am PST 
My 6 month old puppy likes to sleep under my bed. I let her sleep out of her crate now because she's potty-trained, but do you think it's okay for her to sleep under there? It's usually under the bed or under the dresser. I bought her two beds but she likes to hide, I guess!

I worry about her having enough fresh air. What do you think? Does anyone else have a puppy that does this?
[notify]
Coco

little little

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 8:38am PST 
I think if she didn't have enough fresh air then she would move to where she was more comfortable....Coco likes to hide too but only when there is a thunderstorm, then you can get her out from under the desk until the storm passes....Coco is 20 pounds so she is too big to fit under the bed, but if she could fit I bet she would go there.

Edited by author Wed May 6, '09 8:40am PST

[notify]
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:02am PST 
Bandit likes to squeeze between the bottom of my headboard and the floor it is a foot by foot square area the length of my king size bed. I had to block it off with stuff because he kept unplugging my alarm clock and light. That was the only thing I was concerned about. I think they are fine in small weird spaces like that unless there is something that can hurt them there.
[notify]

Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:15am PST 
if it was me (and i'm a worry-wort) i would be afraid something was scaring her. i would condition her to like sleeping in a dog bed, one like this: http://www.petstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/luxury-dog-bed- soonni.jpg
[notify]
Abbey

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:45am PST 
I, personally, would not be concerned. I think dogs have different sleeping habits like people! Some like to be under the covers, some dont. Some like beds, some dont. Etc, etc.

Since the day we brought Abbey home, she has liked getting under things to sleep. If we're in the living room watching TV, she's under the coffee table. And at night, she starts off by crawling under the bed to snooze, then will go to her "bed", and back & forth.

Now understand, she is a 90 lb dog! eek I have no idea how she squeezes her body under there. She must flatten out like an octopus! laugh out loud
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:56am PST 
I get more concerned about a dogs sleeping patterns because that's how one of my dogs displayed his anxiety when i first got him. he paced the house at night and HAD to be sleeping where he felt was the best place to guard. i think a canopy bed is a great way to give the burrowers what they want, but still not "hiding".
[notify]
Bella

I Love to give- kisses and- snuggle!

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 10:16am PST 
I wouldn't be concerned about getting enough air. I bet she just likes to hide. Bella likes to sleep under the covers. I worried to about her getting enough air, but by morning she is laying with her head on the pillow, or her whole body curled up on the pillow! She must have gotten to warm and moved. If you lift the covers and look at her, she barks at you!

Abbey, that must look so funny to see such a big dog under the table! big laugh
[notify]
Dessie

Wow, that- sandwich looks- scrumptious!

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 10:24am PST 
Dessie started sleeping under the bed after she got spayed. I think it was a sort of comfort. She hasn't done in in a few weeks, but I just let her do her thing. She seemed to like it. Then again, there is NO floor space in my room. Maybe she just wanted a place to stretch big laugh
[notify]
Trixie

Mommy's Little- Baby Trix

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 11:39am PST 
Thanks, guys! I can always count on my Dogster pals.

The only reason why I wouldn't think she is sleeping there because she is afraid is because this tiny little five lb. dog is not afraid of ANYTHING!

We have three other dogs in the house (two quite large, one chi) and she already rules the roost. She thinks she's a big dog, as I've heard is common with some little ones.

I also occasionally find her in the morning in a different spot on the floor or even once in her crate by choice!

The funny part is that she is welcome to sleep on my bed - and she won't! She gets annoyed and wants freedom. Maybe she's hiding from me - come to think of it!
[notify]
Snoopy

I'm the KING of- Naughtiness

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 11:48am PST 
Count yourself lucky that your dog doesnt want to sleep with you. Mine hogs the whole bed...I barely have any room between Snoops and Hubby!

I think some dogs just like to sleep under the bed...It has a "den" feeling and makes them feel safe and secure.

Plus, no one bugs them, and they wont get stepped on in the dark.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2