GO!

little bumps in ear

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 2:50pm PST 
I noticed today that Teddy has a series of little bumps inside his left ear. They aren't red or anything, and don't seem to be bothering him, but I don't know if I should be concerned. They aren't on his other ear, and I don't remember the bumps always being there. Should I keep using regular ear cleaner? Is this something I should worry about?
[notify]
Sophie

I snort,- therefore I am

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 3:11pm PST 
What are they bumps like? Are they scabby or more like pimples? Do they have a color or odor to them?
[notify]

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 3:19pm PST 
Most of them don't have scabs, but a few do. They are the size of a tip of a pencil, and concentrated near the tip of his ear. They don't have any distinct odor that I can tell....
[notify]

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 3:19pm PST 
Most of them don't have scabs, but a few do. They are the size of a tip of a pencil, and concentrated near the tip of his ear. They don't have any distinct odor that I can tell....
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '09 5:38pm PST 
Its hard to say Teddy without seeing the ear , but is Teddy scratching at it or rubbing up against something to scratch ?? It could be mites or mange , but again without seeing it , I'm only guessing ...good luck ...
Hugs & Farts
Thor..wave
[notify]

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 4:31am PST 
Hi all--the bumps don't seem to be bothering him, but I figure I should get them checked out, so I made a vet appt. tomorrow just to be safe.

Clearly, I like to err on the side of caution, so it always amazes me how many dogster posts there are that are like "my dog is bleeding profusely/can't walk/etc..should I take him to the vet?"....GEEZ people....
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 6:56am PST 
Good choice Teddy..... blue dogblue dog
Its funny , in my early days on Dogster , I would always end my post by saying , if it were my guys , I'd take them to see my vet !!. Well Thor would get about 8 to 10 responses , that people cant afford going to the vet everytime something went wrong blah blah blah ..shrug
And I was stupid enough to inform them , that maybe they shouldnt own a dog ...OUCH !!! ...laugh out loudlaugh out loud..talk about endless angry Pmail ..shock
So now usually I stick to humping or fart jokes .......dancing
Hugs & Farts
Thor ..wave
[notify]

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 7:37am PST 
Thanks Thor! I like your fart jokes-but I also know you are full of good advice smile I am not exactly rolling in dough ( I am a graduate student), but I would do anything for Teddy. If I had a rash in my ear that wouldn't go away, I would go to the doctor...so why shouldn't Teddy get the same treatment? shrug
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 2:59pm PST 
Let us know how you make out...
Hugs& Farts
Thor .. wave
[notify]

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 6:28pm PST 
Good news smile The vet said that it just appears to be some sort of allergic reaction--he is guessing to some sort of plant. He gave us some ointment and told me to just watch it to see if it gets better. He told me that I am a very vigilant mommy! I felt a little silly going in for a little rash, but better safe than sorry! The way I see it, it can't hurt, and it is one more chance for Teddy to get used to cars/vets/strange places!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2