GO!

Black dots on skin?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '08 4:58pm PST 
Murphy has little black dots in his skin, he hasn't had fleas for awhile so I don't think it has anything to do with that. I think it might have something to do with his allergies he just started getting this this past year, although he has stopped itching this past month. Could it be dead skin from the allergies? Someone told me fish oil capsules.. is that safe and how would I go about giving that to him? I try to get them out but they are in his skin, sometimes I can get some of them out sometimes I can't. He's not overrun with them though.

Edited by author Mon Nov 17, '08 4:58pm PST

[notify]
Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '08 5:18pm PST 
Peaches had black dots on her skin when we got her. The vet said they were blackheads, very similar to what people get. She told us that Peaches had very oily skin for a dog and would need to be bathed more often than our other chihuahuas, particularly in the summer. We bathed her once a week for the first month or two and they eventually cleared up and haven't come back since.

Check with your vet to see if this might be the case with your pup.
[notify]
Stella White

I'm the boss- applesauce!

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '08 6:46pm PST 
I get blackheads, BOL! On the skin on my belly. They just look like little black dots, as you said. Vet said its not big deal, and a mild astringent can be used.
[notify]

Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 9:45am PST 
Thanks guys, wouldn't they be elevated a little bit though? His are just on his skinthinking
[notify]
Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 9:01pm PST 
Not necessarily...Peaches' weren't.
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 9:10pm PST 
Murphy, could it be dirt?laugh out loud

shhshhI won't tell your Mommy if you don't!silencedbig laugh
Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 9:42pm PST 
I hope they're not freckles! I'd hate for Mom to be trying to scrub those off. BOL!!
[notify]
Newman

If my snoring- bothers you wear- earplugs

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 3:18am PST 
I have them on my tummy...the vet said it is just freckles and spots, nothing to worry about.
[notify]
Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 4:50am PST 
Mickeybig laughbig laugh, I'm a clean doggyeekbig laughbig laugh

thinkingI'll give the vet a call today just to figure out what they think of it. Thank's for the helphughug
[notify]
Madalyn

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 5:22am PST 
It could be from past allergies. Madalyn's skin turns black when she is allergic to something and starts chewing and scratching herself. It takes a good bit of time for the black skin to slough off, one layer at a time before normal color skin is seen again.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2