GO!

'Pimple' looking thing on Sampson's upper lip...

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
SAMPSON

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 7:26am PST 
I noticed a 'pimple' looking bump on Sampson's upper lip yesterday. It is a hard lump maybe the size of a small pea and it is hard. I have put hydrogen peroxide on it last night and again this morning. It doesnt seem to be bothering him but is has caused some swelling. Anybody have any ideas?
[notify]
Teddy

tennis ball- destroyer

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 7:28am PST 
Is it white? Can you pick it off?
[notify]
SAMPSON

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 7:30am PST 
Well, it may have a whiteness to it....I have tried to gently squeeze it but nothing has come out! Poor little guy! Him and his sister Lucy rough house sometimes a lttle to much and Im wondering if she bit his lip maybe...???
[notify]

Cera Marie,- NPC

Can we eat now?

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 8:56am PST 
Sampson, I get those all of the time. Is it kind of in a foldy part? My vet says that mine are nothing to worry about, it just gets irritated from always being wet/ rubbing on my lower tooth when my mouth is closed. Mom just keeps it clean, and it doesn't really seem to bother me at all.
[notify]
SAMPSON

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 9:27am PST 
Thanks you guys for your responses...Dogster rocks! It is actually on the outside of his upper lip just under his nose! It looks now like there is a 'crater' in the middle of it! I will post a picture...Let me know what you think!
[notify]
SAMPSON

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 10:12am PST 
I just posted a picture of Sampson's lip on his page...Anybody have any ideas?
[notify]
Jin

I'm going with- you, right?

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 10:12am PST 
It sounds like canine acne to me. If it's just one, odds are it's nothing to worry about.

If I were in your shoes I'd just keep an eye on it, see how things progress and whether or not it remains the only one.

ETA: Of what I can see in the picture, yea, it looks like canine acne to me. There was a dog at the shelter when I volunteered regularly who had bumps like that on his chin and maybe one or two on his lip -- didn't bother him in the slightest. If it gets worse (he gets more or something) you could stop at your vets to see what they think since there can be underlying causes.

Edited by author Sat Nov 15, '08 10:18am PST

[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 2:00pm PST 
Puppy acne!!! blech! Bam-Bam has small bouts with this every now and again! Its nothing to worry about, and you can get something to treat it with from the vet if you like. I've known some other dog owners to use stridex for sensitive skin too. Bam-Bam also got it around his "dog-hood." Poor guy!
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 2:04pm PST 
My mother-in-laws lab got one of those once. It turned out to be a sliver of wood he picked up. It was a couple weeks worth of tryng to get it out. It would have been easier for them to take him to the vet to take care of it, but it did come out. Does your pup chew on sticks at all? I think that's how their lab Bauer picked it up.
[notify]
Luna, CGC

CATS ARE- *FRIENDS* - NOT FOOD!

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 3:05pm PST 
Luna had puppy acne all the time on her lips and chin - vet said it was because of her plastic bowl.

Switching to a SST bowl and washing the bowl more often helped... I do not think i've seen a puppy zit on her pretty little mug in months now that I think about it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2