GO!

Wierd wart like growth on my dogs leg

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Butters

Every one knows- it's Butters!- That's ME!

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 11:58am PST 
last week I saw this wart like growth on my dog's inside rear leg about 2 mm across. I didn't think much of it until today. It's grown 3 times it size tall, looks like a blooming flower. It doesn't seem to bother my dog. I got an appt. with the vet for friday but just wanted to know if anyone else had experiance with this. I took a few photos of it and put them in my profile. Hoping its just a parasite.
[notify]
Dood

NO JUMPING!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 3:21pm PST 
It sounds like a growth that one of our dogs had a couple of years ago, also on his leg. I can't remember the name of it, sorry. The vet took a tissue sample which was sent to a lab for diagnosis. As I recall the vet said it's not uncommon in young dogs. It grew very fast but was non-malignant. The vet gave me a cream to apply to it with instructions to keep it dry and bandaged and it went away in a few weeks.

It was a scare for us as this type of benign tumor resembles some types of malignant tumors. I hope your doggie is okay. If I remember the name of the type of tumor he had I'll repost.
[notify]
Angel, CGC

Frisbee- please!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 6:11pm PST 
Hard to tell from the photos, but it may be a histiocytoma. While that is scary name, it really is nothing to worry about. Would still get it checked out by the vet though! Angel had one near her paw when she was younger, and I had it removed because it was bothering her (near her pad) otherwise the vet said they sometimes go away on their own. Good luck!!
[notify]