GO!

How much does a thyroid test typically cost?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Steele

The Guardian

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 6:15pm PST 
We called the vet and asked, but they said they have to see the dog first before they give a price. Does anyone know how much one generally costs?
[notify]
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 7:38pm PST 
I think ours was like $40 ish..... but its been a while so its hard to recall exactly.
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 8:01pm PST 
Think is more for us, really depends on the vet practice. NJ is always more expensive than MA or PA. Last time it was about $90
[notify]

Tessa- Sue~*In- loving- memory*~

Gone. But the- ledgend lives on

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 8:01pm PST 
For Tessa is is $37 exactly, she gets them every 6 months.
[notify]
Griffin,- Forever in- Our Hearts

are you going to- eat that?

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 8:07pm PST 
Mine was in the $100 range. We were shocked but did it anyway. They had to send it to Michigan for some reason; maybe that's why it cost so much. The vet suspected thyroid disease for a while and then I developed an eye problem that the opthalmologist said was thyroid related so we did the test. Once I was on meds, my eye got better AND I lost some weight.

I am not sure why they said they had to see your dog first thinking Did they give you a reason why?
[notify]
Coco

Too cute for my- tail!

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 12:06am PST 
We just had a six panel thyroid test done and it was $35.00 at our vet. And she did a CBC, too, for $25.00. However, our vet is WAY lower than the other vets in our area. Another vet quoted $145.00 to a friend of mine! Whew - we LOVE Dr. Ashley!
[notify]
Steele

The Guardian

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 7:10am PST 
Thanks, everypup. I see it can vary greatly. I don't think the receptionist gave a reason why they have to see her first (my mom talked to them) but we're bringing Nighque in this Saturday so I guess we'll find out. laugh out loud
[notify]
Gittianna and Breanna

Like, TOTALLY!

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 2:41pm PST 
Not sure what your thyroid symptoms are, but just be aware that there is new research out of the University of Alaska, Fairbanks indicating that many Northern Breeds (including Siberian Huskies) have "normal" thyroid levels lower than the "average" that most vets use. The standard levels were developed using a variety of breeds, rather than a specific level for a specific breed.

So I would say unless your dod ig showing physical symptoms that may be related to thyriod, you may not want to do a lot of supplimenting.

Just be aware.
[notify]
Steele

The Guardian

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 2:38am PST 
Thank you for that information. Good to know for future reference. =)
But Steele isn't the one getting thyroid tested. It's my other dog, Nighque, a black lab. There's very much a reason we want to get it checked, as she has what we believe to be very severe, self-mutilating allergies. So we're getting her thyroid checked to see if it might be that and not allergies.
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Wed Sep 17, '08 6:34am PST 
My vet just quoted me $340.00 for the bloodwork!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2