GO!

Green & Bloody gums??

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tucker John

Home at last

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 2:35pm PST 
Today Tucker was sitting on my lap in the car and yawned, and I happened to notice something green in his mouth? What??

Way in the back of his mouth on his gums, behind the last tooth, its very red, bloody, and yes.. green. I have no idea what it is. Looks like its been there a while but its in a spot you'd never really notice. Although he was just at the vet a couple weeks ago and they checked his teeth but somehow missed it?

Any idea what it could be? I'll call the vet Monday but hate waiting and worrying. He's still eating his kibble, wont touch his canned, but seems fine otherwise.
[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:00pm PST 
Is maybe something stuck? Like a piece of toy or something from outside? Bo once had a piece of toy stuck in his little front teeth that just would not come out and I had to sit on him to wrench it out after it soaked in his saliva for awhile. But if something is stuck back there, and maybe has been there awhile, maybe it is really irritating and causing bleeding.

Hmmm..... I know how nerve wracking it is to wait til monday!
[notify]
Tucker John

Home at last

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:39pm PST 
I thought maybe it was food but its not. Its really hard to see because he wont sit still. Poor guy, he never tells me when anything is wrong like my other pups who are so dramatic about everything.
[notify]

Cracker

Dog About- Rosedale

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:43pm PST 
If it's green like a toy or grass it could be something stuck back there, and obviously irritated.
If it's green like goopy yellow green, it could be an infection. Either way he needs to be seen by a vet to be sure.
As long as he is eating I wouldn't panic but would be sure to see the vet on Monday.
Tucker John

Home at last

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:44pm PST 
Yeah its more like a yellowish green, like the consistancy of phlem.

He is already on antibiotics for anaplasmosis, so if it was an infection wouldnt that be taking care of it? shrug Will call the vet anyway Monday.
[notify]
Cracker

Dog About- Rosedale

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:48pm PST 
The antibiotics may help, but it depends on the type of bacteria, some meds are for one type and not another so it will still be helpful to check it out. He may also have an abscessed tooth happening so watch that he continues to eat. Don't just call the vet, have him seen. If it an abscess he may need pain meds and possible dental work done.
Tucker John

Home at last

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:50pm PST 
My best attempt at getting a picture. He doesnt like his mouth being opened.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/thelifeofriley2/tu cker002.jpg

Sorry cant figure out how to embed it.

Edited by author Sat Jul 26, '08 6:51pm PST

[notify]
Cracker

Dog About- Rosedale

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:59pm PST 
Well, it certainly is an odd colour....it could be a foreign body, but I wouldn't recommend messing around with it trying to get it out unless he starts fussing with it....
If it is infection and his gums are bleeding it can make the infection worse.
Same advice, see your vet..
poor dude.
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 3:00am PST 
Best get the vet to check it out. Like cracker has said it could be anything it may even be periodental gum diesese, to me it looks like something has set off a reaction possibly causing an infection of the gum, it may be a piece of toy or bone lodged in the gum. The antibiotics again like cracker has said work differentely as there are different types, some are for soft tissue infections (like mouth and gums) some are for other bacterial infections and were developed to best halt infections.
Hope you get sorted outdog
[notify]
Lucky

"Happy-g0-Lucky"

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 8:24pm PST 
Oh poor Tucker....no fun to find things like that. Let us know what the vet says when you get in touch with him. Sending you hugs!hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2