GO!

Color of Dogs Urine

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Marley

Don't Worry...Be- Happy!

Barked: Sat Jul 5, '08 6:45pm PST 
I got to wondering if a dogs urine tells us anything like human urines do?
When a humans urine is a very pale lemonade color, it says we are hydrated properly. (so the doctors say)

But when human urine is darker in color, this could mean problems.

Is it the same with dogs urine?
Why I ask is because i noticed that my dogs urine is very yellow in color. Dang dog isn't housebroken yet and I found it on my hardwood floor.
[notify]
Fun On The- Run Kennel- Racing

'10 Junior- Iditarod, 6th- place!

Barked: Sat Jul 5, '08 11:41pm PST 
Yes, it is very much the same! If a dog is very dehydrated their urine will be dark yellow, and occasionally bloody, and if they are well hydrated their pee is almost clear!
[notify]
Abby

Being sassy is- my profession.

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 6:47am PST 
Yeah! I actually posted about this months ago, I was thinking about the same thing. It was back when we had snow on the ground, and I could actually see the different colors of pee in the snow. bol. Some of the dogs that live in our complex should definitely take a trip to the vet. shock

Apparently it does work the same way! It's a good indication of whether your pup is drinking enough or not, or if there are internal issues in his bladder. For just very yellow pee, I would say that maybe he just needs a little more water in his system, I don't think it's a serious issue or illness.

Edited by author Sun Jul 6, '08 6:48am PST

[notify]

Marley

Don't Worry...Be- Happy!

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 5:04pm PST 
Thanks guys. I did a search on here about this but nothing came up to specify actual urine coloring. smile

Opps, it should have read "my sons dog" not my dog. wink
[notify]