GO!

Eating Ice

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Sheila

Mommy's baby

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:35am PST 
Sheila eats ice, I am mean really eats it. Begs for it everytime we open the freezer or bring home a soda pop. I know in people this would be worrisome, should I ask the vet about this behavior?
[notify]
Madisyn

Its all about- me....Madie!!!!

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 9:33am PST 
I dont think its worrisome. Its not bad for them...just water. Madie loves ice. Ive given it to her since she was a pup and teething. Its kinda like a "treat" but w/out calories and all that stuff. It just hydrates them.
[notify]
Monty - My Angel- June'09

The big beast :)

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 9:37am PST 
When I got Monty he needed to loose weight...so ice was his idea of a treat...he still loves it!
[notify]

Larka

Mommy's little- Helper. (corral- me!)

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 10:00am PST 
I think that is a good thing!
It's just water... not to mention it will keep Sheila well hydrated during these hot summer months! The only side effect would probably be more trips outside to go pee. wink
[notify]
Sheila

Mommy's baby

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 12:29pm PST 
Thank you everyone.
[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 2:01pm PST 
My dogs love it to. Especially in the heat. Its like a popcicle for them. Refreshes them.
[notify]
Dakota

I'll get it!

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:49pm PST 
My parents have a lab that knows how to open coolers when we are having a party or whatever and will get his own ice.
[notify]
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 3:17am PST 
Hey Dakota, thats cool , helping himself, wish i could!! I love ice too and have to get my nose in the freezer if mums putting stuff in or getting stuff out. I try to get bits of ice off the door or shelves. I get ice pops too and ice cubes. dog
[notify]
Abby

Being sassy is- my profession.

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 6:31am PST 
BOL, Dakota.

At my graduation party, we had these huge buckets full of ice and beverages, and Abby would just go and help herself to the ice whenever she wanted some. laugh out loud
[notify]
Koda

put an END to- BSL

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 10:37am PST 
Koda helps himself at the ice dispenser in our fridge and I love that! It means I don't have to get my hands wet or cold to give him some. He stops when he's had enough so it's not anything to worry about.

Edited by author Sun Jun 22, '08 10:38am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4