GO!

How to stop nail bleeding?!?!? HELP! QUICKLY!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nadya Snow- White

Bring Blue- Home!!!

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 10:59am PST 
I cut Nadya's nails and I cut them too short on accident. I have tried flour to get it to stop bleeding and that isn't working. Does anyone else have any home remedy's for this?

quickly? She's been bleeding for about 1/2 an hour now and I can't get it to stop!!
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:02am PST 
Try some cornstarch! wink
[notify]
Nadya Snow- White

Bring Blue- Home!!!

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:26am PST 
whew. That worked. She was also so wound up that she was almost pouring blood. Once I got her calmed down it slowed down enough that I got it to stop.

Bad part? She just had a bath and is now covered in blood. I'm going to have to give her another one next weekconfused
[notify]

Jillian

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:27am PST 
Take a handful of flour or cornstarch - fill the palm of your hand with it - put the dog's paw in your hand and apply pressure with the flour/corn starch to the bleeding nails until it stops. Repeat as necessary if the bleeding doesn't stop right away.
[notify]
Nadya Snow- White

Bring Blue- Home!!!

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:49am PST 
Thanks Jillian. I actually tried the flour but it didn't do a thing. I'm thinking I need to go and buy some quikstop for in the future. The cornstarch worked great as soon as she had calmed down. Now I have to go and scrub down the house to get all of the blood off of everythingconfused

She's fine now, sleeping on the couch and has miraculously gotten almost all of the blood off of her feet and legs.

Thanks Grace! Especially for being so quick!way to go
[notify]
Bailey

So, when's- dinner???

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:50am PST 
You can also take a bar of soap and scratch the nail into the soap and it will stop the bleeding. My vet told me that many years ago, and it works.
[notify]
Nadya Snow- White

Bring Blue- Home!!!

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 12:08pm PST 
I didn't know that Bailey! If it happens again I will try that too.

The problem with her is that she will not pull back if I'm too close to the quik. Darn it I know how to cut nails but she doesn't help me at all!

Thanks again for all of your help guys. I really appreciate it!snoopyway to go
[notify]
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 12:18pm PST 
Glad you are ok Nadyadog
[notify]
Bailey

So, when's- dinner???

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 12:22pm PST 
No prob.....I think we've all done it, and felt guilty as heck after bleeding them cry
[notify]
Jesse

Jesse - Trouble with a- capital J

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 5:51pm PST 
Glad it stopped Nadya! I haven't had that happen, only because I rarely let anyone near me with nail clippers in the first place! They did it to my rabbit brother, but it stopped with just a tissue
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2