GO!

Are these Blackheads? Or Bugs?? Or What???

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bailey

Bailey: I'm the- Blanket Anchor!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:38pm PST 
I have lots (lots!) of what look like blackheads allover my belly, nipples, and rear, um, parts. I also have some bigger lumps (mom thought they were moles at first, but they have the same chunk of black hard stuff in them) on my back, neck, etc. They come out like little crescent shaped hard black things. I don't itch or lick alot...Should Mom clean these off, pop them, or...? Do other labs have this?
[notify]
Moose

Too sexy for my- shirt.

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:40pm PST 
I have no idea.shrug
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 2:38pm PST 
Our lab doesn't. Other dogs don't either. Can't say I've seen another dog with anything like that unless they've got fleas (in which case it's the flea poo being left behind on the skin).

Have you consulted the vet yet? Maybe they could shed some light.
[notify]

Cocoa

I'm getting a- sister!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:10pm PST 
It doesn't seem like anything serious, but I would get it checked out anyway.
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:14pm PST 
Can you post pictures of them? Are they ticks?
[notify]
NIKKO

*It's All About- Me*

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:16pm PST 
Could be some type of infection, rash, allergy. I would have it checked to be on the safe side.

k9
[notify]
Gabe the Dog

It's Gabe. Gabe- the Dog

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:27pm PST 
tics? they can get clogged pores but that seems like a little more than a clogged pore if there are that many spots
[notify]
Gabriel

No, pay- attention to- meeeeeee!!!!!!!!- !!!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:34pm PST 
Gabe gets clogged pores on his tummy sometimes & they have hard little black stuff in them, they are not a big deal. But if there is a lot of them and some are really big you should probably have them checked out, you never know, they could be something else.
[notify]
Shiloh

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 8:33pm PST 
not sure on that one
[notify]
Coco

Mommy's adorable- shadow

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 8:36pm PST 
W0ow, that is weird! It sounds like blackheads or ticks, or maybe like someone said, flea dirt. I would defintiely take him to the vet, I mean, even if it is blackheads, to have that many seems kinda weird. Let us know what it is after you go! Im interested!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2