|Barked: Mon Jan 21, '08 8:58am PST |
|I am the queen of induced vomiting! Bo eats alot of stuff he shouldnt. He is so quick and so afraid you may take something from him, he will just swallow whatever it is he finds. Most times this happens on walks.
Anyway, we use a little peroxide in a bowl. He takes a few licks and whatever he ate comes out. I hate to do it to him, but it is cheaper than surgery. I have done that twice, once he destroyed a stuffed animal and ate a beanbag from its tummy, and the second time he swallowed a huge cat toy.
I did take him to the emergency clinic once as well. He ate a dead mouse that was poisoned with rat poison. (He isnt allowed to go anywhere with his Pappy anymore! I didnt want to mess with that on my own, rat poison is super dangerous and can kill a dog. He was fine, and in fact when they pumped his tummy, the mouse came up along with bits of fuzz and toys.
I watch him like a hawk now, but he still finds treasures!
I hope everything went ok for you and your pup! Keep us posted!!
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|