GO!

Anyone use Azmira Yucca Intensive?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Dennis- FDCH-S,- TFIII

I love agility- and flyball!

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 12:41pm PST 
My brother is nine years old and getting stiff at the end of short walks. Does anyone use Azmira Yucca Intensive? From mom's understanding, it is a plant steroid. Azmira says it is safe, with no side effects, but mom knows that just because something is an herb, doesn't necessarily mean it's safe. Mom was wondering what your experiences with this product are.

Thanks a bunch!
[notify]
Dennis- FDCH-S,- TFIII

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 8:49am PST 
Nobody has tried this?
[notify]
A.M.

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 11:33am PST 
I use Solid Gold Yucca powder for myself and Yucca tincture for the dogs as it tastes very bitter. If you do a web search it is just as effective as glucosamine/chron and affects other conditions as well. Many use it in conjunction with glucosamine and essentia fatty acids.
Gluco/chron has no empirical data for positive results on both humans and pets.
Just do a web search for "yucca+dogs" and you will find tons of info.

Natural steroidal supplement. Contains steroid saponins which are nature's powerful anti-inflammatory agents. Pure concentrated tincture, not waste product as found in capsules or powders. Reduces pain without any gastric side-effects. For arthritis, bone and joint problems, soft tissue swelling, digestive, bowel problems and colic. Reduces the 'itch' of allergies and promotes blood flow and tissue repair.
[notify]

Dennis- FDCH-S,- TFIII

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 2:58pm PST 
Thank you. I did find the manufacturer's site that claims no side effects. I'd rather hear from people who have actually used the product though. I was able to find more info when I searced for just yucca and dogs, rather than yucca intensive.
[notify]
Dennis- FDCH-S,- TFIII

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 3:51pm PST 
Thank you. I did find the manufacturer's site that claims no side effects. I'd rather hear from people who have actually used the product though. I was able to find more info when I searced for just yucca and dogs, rather than yucca intensive.
[notify]
A.M.

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:33pm PST 
Yucca Intensive is just one brand of the supplement.
Also the data about the gluco/chron comes from scientific studies rather than the manufacturer's. So I would consider a combination of several ingredients which are available in most formulas.
[notify]