GO!

Proin info

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Heidi- Gone but not- forgotten

I'm old, I can- do what I want.

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 10:10pm PST 
I'm having a difficult time finding information about this med. My dog took her first dose this evening and threw up all over an hour or two later. Should this be given with food? Can it cause nausea and vomiting? It was chewable. She also took her Rimadyl and glucosamine/chondroitin then. They have never ever caused her to vomit. I'm wondering if there is anything about them together? Any help would be appreciated. She has to take a diuretic in the am and I was hoping she'd do ok with the Prion because she has been leaking urine. After the Lasix she'll really be leaking!
[notify]
H

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 1:46pm PST 
Your vet would be the best person to ask, but if you're looking for more information online, you might try looking up the generic, Phenylpropanolamine.
[notify]
Bernadette- 02/05/04 - 09/25/08

Ripped out of my- family\'s arms- too soon

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 1:49pm PST 
Howdy, Heidi!wave

I take Proin twice a day... and it never ever makes me sick.

It could have been the NSAID, as they do cause stomach upset.

I would always give the NSAID (Rimadyl) with food... and if that doesn't work, talk to your vet about adding Pepcid AC to help with the tummy. Sammy has to take it every day with his Previcox (also an NSAID) or he gets sick.

Hugs!
hughughug

Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 2:13pm PST 
Hmm, it should not do that. Kiona is on a 1/4 tab of Proin everyday and i have never seen her appear to feel ill from it. I do feed it with her thyroid meds with wet food, so perhaps give it with food.

Good luck!
*Nadiya*

Happy- Valentine's Day- to my Bad Boy- Oz!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 2:22pm PST 
I've been on Proin and Rimadyl for the pass 6 months. I take 1 Rimadyl and 1 Proin in the morning, and a Proin at night. I've never had a problem, Rimadyl should be given with food. I would try it again and if she gets sick again I would speak to the vet.
[notify]
Heidi- Gone but not- forgotten

I'm old, I can- do what I want.

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 6:31pm PST 
Thanks all. I was suspecting it was a coincidence. She has taken Rimadyl for years and it hasn't caused her any trouble. We are giving her half a tab of Proin and ease her up to the full dose. See how that goes.
[notify]