GO!

No Appetite & Lethargic

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Brandy R.I.P- 1993-Feb- 11/08

Brandy-

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 6:50am PST 
My 14 yr old Brandy seems to be lethargic & has no appetite.She also has started having some diarreha.She has never had a problem with her appetite.Yesterday moring when I fed her she was not interested in eating at all.She did go back to her dish later on in the day & eat a little.Today the same thing happened.She is not interested at all in her food.I noticed that yesterday she was very lethargic & the same today.She just wants to sleep.When I try to stand her up she is very weak & unsteady on her feet & sometimes her back end shakes.Once she gets her balance she is ok.Are these symptoms telling me she is getting near death?

Brandy has a very enlarged heart,heart diease & a partial collasped trach.

Edited by author Mon Nov 12, '07 7:00am PST

[notify]
♥ Princess ♥

One-eyed Wonder- Dog

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 6:53am PST 
Those symptoms could mean any number of things....don't assume that she is just old...bring her to a vet to find out what is causing her symtoms...it may be something simple that a week of antiboitics can cure and make her her old self again....best check it out!

Hope you feel better soon....hug
[notify]
Rusty - 1994-2008

Forever In- Mommy's Heart

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 6:58am PST 
I agree with Princess. I would have Brandy checked by a Vet.

I am having some of the same symptoms. I had a very bad case of pneumonia and completely stopped eating. I've been on antibiotics for almost two months and I am doing so much better.
However, Mommy noticed I haven't been eating like I used to and my back end also shakes and I've been unsteady on my feet at times. Mommy is taking me back to the Vet on the 26th. I'm an older pup like you and it could just be old age but it's always best to be checked by a Vet.

Good Luck Sweetie!

Edited by author Mon Nov 12, '07 7:00am PST

[notify]

Cherokee- Forever- Loved Cherry

Our Precious- Angel Cherry

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 7:31am PST 
Please call the Vet, these are signs of something is wrong.

It could be a reaction to the meds she is on, or so many other things.

Not eating for over 48 hrs and lethargic are reasons to call the Vet.

Is she still drinking?
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 7:32am PST 
Brandy has a very enlarged heart,heart diease & a partial collasped trach.

She may be having a problem there. If the heart isn't pumping right she will be tired and want to sleep / no energy and even a loss of appatite. I suggest you get her in to a vet ASAP to rule this out.
[notify]
Brandy R.I.P- 1993-Feb- 11/08

Brandy-

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 12:22pm PST 
Brandy has ate & feeling alittle better
[notify]
Itsy Bout'- Time

My sister is- sick :(

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 2:08pm PST 
is she coughing...could be heartworms.
[notify]
Itsy Bout'- Time