GO!

Raw Nose?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Miyuki

Mom says I'm a- pretty (stinky)- pup!

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '07 11:51pm PST 
I noticed that Miyuki has been getting some dry, raw spots on her nose. What should I do about this? It doesn't seem to be causing her any pain but I'm still worried.
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 11:18am PST 
Try putting some vaseline or bag balm on his nose. Use a q-tip and just apply to the spots that are dry or irritated. Also make sure he has plenty of fresh water, if he has a dry nose that is a sign of dehydration. If you want you could give him some pedialyte to boost up his hydration and changing the water often during the day always seems to help too. I'm sure he'll try to lick off the vaseline or bag balm but it should be fine if you just apply a small amount a few times a day. That should clear it up soon. Good Luck! puppy
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 11:20am PST 
Sorry Miyuki, you're a she! confused
[notify]

Joey

50% Rugged Farm- Dog 50% Couch- Pooch

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 11:51am PST 
Joey has the same problem, just rub the contents of a vitamin E capsule on her nose 1-2 times a day.big grin

I hope this helps.puppy
[notify]