GO!

Frontline plus after a bath?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 12:33pm PST 
Does anyone know if it's ok to apply Frontline Plus if a dog has just had a bath? I know you're supposed to wait after applying it before bathing, but I wasn't sure about applying it after a bath... I found a flea so I want to get it on asap.
[notify]
Buddy

Can I have a- cookie?

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 12:35pm PST 
According to the manufacturer...once the pet is COMPLETELY dry, then Frontline can be applied.
There's a 1-800 number on the box and you can call and ask them directly.
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 12:42pm PST 
Yeah, I'd say there would be no problem as long as they are dry. Make sure there's no dampness in the fur....and it should be fine.
[notify]

Chip

happy dog, happy- dog

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 1:36pm PST 
I usually do it dry after a bath, or a day after and if it doesn' t rain the next day.
[notify]
Tippy

You can get- anything if you- sit pretty!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '07 5:12am PST 
I like to wait at least 2 days after a bath to give it, but if I absolutly have to I will give it as soon as they dry.
If you are not having a huge flea problem I would wait 2-3 days after the bath. Or there are pills called Capstar that will kill the fleas on the dog (but not prevent them) if you are having a bad flea problem you could use one of them until you can get the frontline on them.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '07 7:16am PST 
You can apply it as soon as the dog is dry, but it's better to wait about 2 days. The topical flea/tick preventatives are spread around the body by the dog's skin oils. After a bath, there is little if any left so the Frontline (or whatever else) won't spread as well. Best to wait for them to build up a little again, but not absolutely necessary.
[notify]