GO!

Puppy Chi not losing baby teeth

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Lita

Lick lick lick

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 2:08am PST 
Lita's adult teeth have grown in, but she has not lost all her baby teeth! She also has an extra tooth coming from the top! She looks like a shark when you open her mouth! HELP w/ ADVICE!
[notify]
Meeko-Jeter

Meeko-Jeter *-*- The NY Yankee- Pup

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 3:40am PST 
Does she have bones and things to chew on, cause I remember when Meeko was losing his, most of them came out during play time or when he was chewing on things like his bones and toys..
[notify]
Me and mom

Gimme Some Puppy- Love!!

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 1:28am PST 
My baby didn't lose her bottom front teeth until about 4 months after the rest of her baby teeth had fallen out and the adult ones had come in. The vet said it's strange but he wasn't worried about it. They're all normal now!
[notify]

Lita

Lick lick lick

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 3:12am PST 
thanks 4 the advice!
[notify]
Vixen

Rolling in the- Kibble!

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 3:59am PST 
Those are called "retained deciduous teeth" which is just a fancy of way of saying her baby teeth didn't fall out. Sometimes it just takes a little while longer for them to fall out, but many times in these small breeds they will never come out on their own. Most dogs with this problem with have them pulled when they are spayed. If they are not pulled, they collect tartar and you could end up losing your adult tooth too.

Talk to your vet about having them removed at the time of your spay.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 5:04am PST 
As Vixen said, the vet will remove these teeth when she is spayed. I presume you are seeing a vet and having her spayed?
[notify]