GO!

pistachios?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 3:07pm PST 
can dogs eat pistachios? I am sitting here eating some and louie really wants one!
[notify]
Milhous

You wanna piece- of me?

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 4:26pm PST 
He looks like a pistachio in his picture! smile

Pistachios have been reported to cause GI upset and ataxia (loss of coordination). So...no pistachios for dogs.

When in doubt, don't feed people food to dogs. They are very sensitive to some things that we can eat.

Also, I'm sure you could be eating dirt right now and he'd want some! He's a dog! smile Give him a carrot or ice cube or something!
[notify]
Buddy "Sweet- Angel"

Please- Opt to- Adopt

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 4:44pm PST 
cheer cheer Well I don't know about pistachios, but you two are the cutest things I've seen in a long time! hug

laugh out loud laugh out loud Milhouse... eatin' dirt! big laugh big laugh
[notify]

Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 4:49pm PST 
hehehe I DO look like a pistachio!!! My mom didn't give me any, she was just curious. oh and I DO eat dirt! (my mom doesn't) hehehe
[notify]
Ziggy

Woo woo woo!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 7:12pm PST 
Good to know...I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pistachios and eat them every day...and of course Ziggy wants some, but I've never given them to her b/c I didn't know! Good info! smile

Now, what about bananas?
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 9:32pm PST 
Bananas are fine.
I love pistachios too!
[notify]
Gator

I am a happy- dog!

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '07 1:03am PST 
Well, one day, my mom dropped a pistachio still in its shell on the ground. She thought it was no big deal because it was still in the shell . . . Well I showed her, I peeled the shell off (who wants that bland hard shell) and ate that nut, and I tell you what I loved it!!! It did not upset my tummy so I think they are OK! Mom doesn't give them to me very often, I think she gives them to me to so I can show of my shelling skills!
[notify]
Dosha

It moved! Chase- it, Chase it!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 11:00am PST 
My dad eats pistachios all the time... I get at least 3 or 4 of them in the shell a month, and I shell them and eat them... think it depends on the dog. when in doubt, don't give it to them, or try one to see how they respond.

LOL to the eating dirt.
[notify]
Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 12:07pm PST 
Oh, man, I feel like a bad dog owner! I eat dirt all the time and always give the dogs a bit of it!

....actually, I meant they get a few pistachios!
[notify]
Dosha

It moved! Chase- it, Chase it!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:16pm PST 
Pistachios don't seem to bother my dog either......

y'all are worried about dirt, that's the least of discusting things she eats.
[notify]