GO!

Do you buy Heart Guard online?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cho Cho

SPOIL ME- ROTTEN!!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 7:01pm PST 
It seems a lot cheaper online w/ coupons n stuff. Anyone has bought from 1-800-petmed? Which one should i buy?
[notify]
Penny

I didn't do it!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 6:06am PST 
Yup I buy both Frontline & Heart Guard through 1800petmeds. They are cheaper and they are the exact same thing as what the vet would sell to you for doubled the price!
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 6:15am PST 
Dad stopped buying Heartguard because he found a cheaper and just as effective way to give us heartworm preventative.

He just went to Farm and Fleet and bought liquid Ivermectin (the main ingredient in Heartguard) and he has the doseage for oral administration from his days of Teching, so that is what we get now!

It is MUCH cheaper and it lasts a whole lot longer. One bottle hould last us a couple of years if not more!

We also just get a dewormer from the pet store in place of the dewormer in the Heartguard.
[notify]

Zeus

best food thief

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 7:01pm PST 
i went online to price heartguard and it is cheaper but they require your vet to fax a prescription to them from the vets office. its a lot of bother, and i ended up paying the vets price. any suggestions?
[notify]
Brody

B-dog is the- Best!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 7:12pm PST 
Petshed.com is where we get our heartguard. Its cheap, super fast shipping and they dont require a script from your vet or any other kind of headache on your end.
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 7:24pm PST 
I think that's where we get ours, Petshed. Once the order got hung up in customs, BOL, but other than that, customer service is really good!
[notify]
Archie

To Neuter is- Cuter!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 7:29pm PST 
The problem with buying these preventatives online is that the manufacturer's guarantee will not hold up if something happens to your animal after application. When sold through a veterinary clinic, the guarantee will hold because the clinic houses the medication properly and it was shipped to them directly from the manufacturer. You have no idea how the product is housed or has been shipped when you buy online, thus the guarantee won't hold. Just FYI for all you pups out there.
[notify]
Jake Chav- Sofia

Woof! There it- is!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:45am PST 
please beware from buying meds online!! Their "standards" are very different from what you would get from your vet. We read an article (given to us by the vet) about petmeds and how the temperature the meds are kept in arent regulated and sometimes they repackage expired product. We dont know from experience, but i would research the cons before purchasing!
[notify]
Beebe

I'll go wherever- there is food!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 10:18am PST 
Before you give your dog heartworm medication, I've learned from my vet that there are areas of the country where pets are very prone to it and other northernly areas where it is not prevelent. Ask your county health director or vet how many cases they had in the last month-year-5years. You may be giving your pet serious medication that it does not need. There are writings by a nationally known vet about this very thing so do your research. Email me if you would like to discuss further.
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 10:24am PST 
Don't do it!
The places such as 1800PetMeds illegally aquire prescriptions such as Heartgard, and then re-package them, ect. Who's to say that the product is not then getting tampered with or exposed to something bad? This is the reason that the manufaturer of the product (in this case, Merial) does not stand up to their guarantee. Merial is currently in some lawsuits with catalogue houses like these, and have been in many before.
The vet clinic I work @ is very competitive, and in some instances (like the 12 month Heartgard and 6 month Frontline) are cheaper! Ask your vet if they'll do the same!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2