GO!

Swollen Eye

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dakota

Let it snow

Barked: Sun Jan 14, '07 7:18pm PST 
Dakota's left eye was fine all day, then all of a sudden it was starting to get swollen. Now it's basically swollen shut. I think he bumped his head when he rushed to see who was at the door. Should I let the swelling go down on its own or should he see the vet?
[notify]
ShastaSeldom- Seen-

Today, I'll give- up on you;

Barked: Sun Jan 14, '07 7:24pm PST 
Well there may be somthing in it that's bothering it's eye...or....Maybe you should Call a Vet.or...... Pray.
[notify]
^^Savanah^^

Myself when I am- Real.

Barked: Sun Jan 14, '07 7:33pm PST 
Oh i'm sorry,does it act like it hurts?
[notify]

Dakota

Let it snow

Barked: Sun Jan 14, '07 7:52pm PST 
I'm taking him to the vet. Now the other eye appears to be swelling.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Mon Jan 15, '07 12:04pm PST 
Yikes I hope he is ok! I was going to suggest to go to the vet right away too... I don't mess around with eye problems. I know a dog who lost her eye after it swelled so much and by the time the vet saw it they had to remove it frown

Edited by author Mon Jan 15, '07 12:05pm PST

[notify]
Snowball- Brian

:D

Barked: Mon Jan 15, '07 7:06pm PST 
hi dakota! i hope you're feeling better now. About month ago when i woke up i had swollen eyelid. My mama rushed me at the vet as soon as they opened. THey did some eye exams...good thing i didnt have any scratches on my eyes just a swollen eyelid....the vet said it could be an allergy to something, bug bite..etc. They gave me a shot (i forgot what it was called sorry!) and it last 48 hours for the swelling. I stayed at the vet for 3 hours then when it was time to go home i was totally fine and no more swelling! I hope you talked to your vet already..and i hope you feel better soon! take care smile
[notify]
Sammy

I love and miss- you Dutchess

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 8:03pm PST 
We were wondering how things went and if your swollen eyes are better now?
[notify]
Roswell,- CGC, NPC

Fly free, Beau.- Cancer sucks :(

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 12:20am PST 
It sounds like an allergic reaction to something if both eyes are swelling. Hopefully everything went fine at the vet and you're back to normal now!
[notify]
blossom

happy...happy

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 12:51am PST 
i agree with roswell....sounds like an allergic reaction. do hope you are feeling better. paws....blossom
[notify]
Savannah

Carry me :)

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 3:17am PST 
I hope it is beter by no. wishes
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2