GO!

Pooping Blood

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Kasey(Imissy- ou)

[[Moms Guardian- Angel]]

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:15pm PST 
Mama's Friend just got a new puppy. It's about 9 weeks old and just began pooping out blood.
Mama's friend is only 18 and doesn't know what to do....and at the moment, broke...what can she do?
Is it Parvo?
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:22pm PST 
Before I say anything...did you read the disclaimer above?

CALL VET...GO TO VET!!!!
[notify]
Bo

Love me best!

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:22pm PST 
He could have eaten something sharp, also. Parvo, or not, THIS IS AN URGENT VET VISIT! Please, convince her to take the pup to the vet - he could be in serious trouble. Correction - he IS in serious trouble. Pooping blood means he is bleeding internally for some reason. Period. Get him to the vet very soon.
[notify]

Parker

Parker - oversized- lap-dog

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:24pm PST 
Yeah. Go to vet ASAP! It could be any number of things from illness to infection to something eaten that was not supposed to be! There is no way to know unless a vet checks this pup out. Waiting is very dangerous because if he/she did eat something that caused damage, infection could become a serious issue very quickly!
[notify]
Kasey(Imissy- ou)

[[Moms Guardian- Angel]]

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:32pm PST 
guys..we know this...the point is, her friend is broke at the moment..no money (she's only 18).....and Mama is a former volunteer and knows that this puppy should be at the vet...her friend is in a pickle.
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:49pm PST 
that is the ONLY thing to do.... we can not help you or this baby here.... this dog needs a vet wether his mom has money or not. only way is... can you help her? we can not do a thing here
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:49pm PST 
Where did she get the pup? Maybe the breeder would be willling to help this pup?

It really is urgent!

With your great heart and concern, would you be able to help at least get this pup to the vet? Maybe a vet would help with a discount?
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:51pm PST 
The only other thing that I've ever heard of is she could check with her Humane Society or even different Vet offices. If she is willing to give up the dog to them and it is a treatable condition they may be able to save the dog, but she won't get it back.

But it will be alive.

They will rehome it to someone else once it's well :o(
[notify]
Missy

I Miss You Rusty

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:53pm PST 
If it is a medical emergency, and this sounds as if it is, most vets will work out some form of a payment plan.
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Tue Oct 10, '06 6:57pm PST 
I hear so many times, "why don't you just give away the dogs at the shelter?"

This is one of the reasons. I am sure the youngster that has this pup is beside herself with guilt for not being able to care for the pup, let alone the poor pup itself.

I do wish people would consider if they can afford a pet before they adopt...

My heart goes out to that girl and her pup...
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5