GO!

Neosporin for my incision?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Augusta

born to pose

Barked: Mon Aug 7, '06 12:03pm PST 
I know my lady is a bit weird, but she was thinking about putting neosporin on my incision (from my spay surgery) to hurry up the healing process. See, she put a satellite dish around my neck because I can't stop licking my boo-boo. Needless to say, I haven't been adjusting well to it. She said I look like a metal detector when we go on walks...I have my nose close to the ground and no one can see my face - just the dish. Sometimes she takes the dish off me, but I just bury my nose back into my boo-boo so she puts it right back on. The stiches will go away on their own Dr. Vet Lady said....but my lady thought this might speed things up. Is she crazy or just impatient?
[notify]
Meeko

our little- boston- TERROR!!!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 7, '06 12:09pm PST 
our vet ok'd mommy to put polysporin on my cut a few days after surgery so it would not be soooo itchy during the healing process. i had a histiocytoma removd & had about 15 - 20 stiches...boy was i thankful for the polysporin. my vet ok'd vaseline to go on my cut about a 1wk or 2 after as well.
[notify]
Troubles

I'm a HOT DOG!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 7, '06 12:50pm PST 
we did the same thing for Troubles. I don't know if it really helped speed the healing, but it did help stop the itching. We also keep a product around that is made by Band Aid - it's a liquid wound cleanser that also has something in it that makes it a little numb. That helped with the pain.
[notify]

Peanut Baby

Getting a- furless sister!

Barked: Mon Aug 7, '06 3:42pm PST 
I have used neosporin a few times with Peanut. Once in a while she will get a scratch from the cat...

i never really looked into it, just always thought it was okay...
[notify]