GO!

White bumps on paw pad?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Holly

What's a motto? - Can you eat- that?

Barked: Sat Apr 1, '06 7:41am PST 
This morning I was petting Holly and noticed four white bumps on one of her paw pads. (It's not actually on the part that touches the ground -- it's the pad that's further up on the leg.) I fingered them lightly and they didn't seem to hurt her, and she hasn't been licking or biting the area. I called the vet anyway, and made an appointment for Monday (the earliest I could go in). Since it doesn't seem to be causing her any pain, I assume it's not an emergency situation.

Do any of you have a clue as to what these could be?
[notify]
Holly

What's a motto? - Can you eat- that?

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 6:56am PST 
Over the weekend the white bumps hardened and then got worn away. . . now Holly has a red patch where the bumps used to be. She's started licking it occasionally, but it still doesn't seem to affect her general demeanor at all.

I called the vet this morning and told her that the bumps were gone and the paw seemed to be looking better. The vet said we probably didn't need to come in, and that I should wash the area with peroxide to keep it from getting infected and keep an eye on it.

I'll post in the next few days and let you know how it looks.
[notify]