GO!

losing pigment in nose and paw pads

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

MR. MUDDLES

Can't hold my- licker

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 1:07pm PST 
Hi everyone -
Mom noticed the other day that my nose is slowly turning from brown to pink. She didn't really know what to think about it. Then yesterday she looked at my paw pads and saw those were turning pink also. she says i seem fine - healthy. We don't know if it is just genetics or if we should take a trip to the vet. I am 5 now but I did start to "sliver" at about 6 months old already. I used to be a beautiful dark brown and then i just kept getting more white and more white. Mom doesn't know if this is just a "brown" thing or a "cocker" thing or if she should be concerned. Anyone else go thru this?
[notify]
Rona

I'm Gonna B-A- Star!

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '08 10:48am PST 
Hi,
Being a brown cocker enthusiast, I can tell you that the silvering (white hairs) is what's called phantoming in brown cockers. Also, in some cases the noses and pads will lighten and appear pink. This is NORMAL so don't fret. wink
[notify]