GO!

What type of dog is mine????

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Osi

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 1:18pm PST 
I posted a month ago but my dog is changing per minutes...I just posted some new photos and would like to know what type of dog she might be and how much more she is going to grow after 4 months... I took her to the vet she is 4 months old, around 32 pounds and 18 inches (tall) to the whiters...She is very very very active I hope the door and she runs to the yard like crazy she does not get tired so easily and is constantly asking to go outside. Vet says she is a german shepherd mix but I was talking to a my neighboor and he says she is a malinois, I didnt think she was a malinois because the ears are hairy yet her face is dark..Pls I need you help, what kind of dog is she? and my other question is...How much more is she going to grow? again she is 18 inches tall at 4 months, is she gonna grow much more? i really appreciate any feedbacks . Thanks a lot !!!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 1:37pm PST 
Definitely shepherd, I don't know why but I see a bit of afghan, in any case a beautiful pup!
[notify]
Osi

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 2:04pm PST 
Thanks a lot, Do you think she is pure or mix? How much more do puppies grow after 4 months? she is 18 inches tall now ...
[notify]

Osi

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 2:27pm PST 
Thanks a lot, Do you think she is pure or mix? How much more do puppies grow after 4 months? she is 18 inches tall now ...
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 12:58pm PST 
Hi, Osi is a beautiful girl!
I would agree that she is at least part Shepherd, my opinion would be either Belgian Malinois or Belgian Tervuren due to the coloring (GSD would still be possible, though). She likely is not a purebred due to the hang of the ears. My guess would be she is mixed with another breed such as a Golden Retriever, or likely a mix of several breeds.
At any rate, she is adorable!cloud 9

"Medium Dogs
In general, most medium size breeds will reach their full adult frame size between 12 and 15 months old. Breeds with stockier bodies may take as long as 18 months of age for their weight to catch up to their frame size."

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/when-do-puppies-stop-growing

Edited by author Sat Mar 22, '14 1:03pm PST

[notify]