GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 7 of 23: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]  
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 3:05am PST 
Lol, the 'skinny' claim...

People say that about Dexter all the time!

"I can feel his ribs, are you sure you feed him enough?"

Um, yeah! Maybe he's just very fit! Agility classes twice a week, Flyball twice a week, obedience classes once a week and two, one hour walks a day as well as a run every morning and constant training... You and your overweight Golden should try that sometime and notice how much more athletic it starts to look!

People seen to always be very quick to judge Border Collies and the way they look... It drives me insane!
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:30am PST 
AHK The skinny assumption, how could I forget?
Like Gus, Rigby is also obviously part Greyhound because of the tuck
Even though she's only 18 inches tall shrug

My response to people when they tell me I'm not feeding her enough, is that she's put on 13lbs since I brought her home (if not more) and she eats more than Cobain.
More I feed her, the more she runs. Unless I confined her to the crate all day, I don't think she has it in her to be fat laugh out loud
[notify]
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:32am PST 
I dint think Dexter has it in him to be fat either, Rocky was the same...

If only the same could be said about me big laugh

If I didn't have high-energy dogs to keep me fit, I'd be huge lol!
[notify]

Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:41am PST 
big laugh
That's why I'm terrified to get anything other than a herding dog
big laugh
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 9:51am PST 
I was just thinking the exact same thing when I drug my tired butt out to hike with the dogs. It's a good thing whether or not I feel like exercising Onyx has no effect on whether he needs to be exercised, or I'd be in terrible shape laugh out loud

Edited by author Wed Feb 27, '13 10:02am PST

[notify]
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 11:18am PST 
God bless high energy breeds lol... I've always wanted an English Bulldog confused
Maybe it's best if I let that dream go... For my own sake and my butt!

I think I'll stick to GSD's, herders and Terriers from now on, thanks! big laugh
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 12:51pm PST 
Only boys can own working/hunting breeds and only girls can own little fluffy breeds

shrug
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:35pm PST 
Oh man, the skinny police.. I've had people tell me both my dogs are too skinny. Ria is a PUPPY first of all and has yet to fill out, secondly, she's not going to get fat with how much she RUNS. Secondly, Charlie is extremely fit and GAINING weight in his old, lazy age(was about 25lbs last time he saw his vet, now about 28 and sitting). That said, my Vet took one look at Charlie, and asked "What are you doing with him?" I asked what he meant. He said Charlie is the ONLY Beagle he's had come in to see him that was of ideal weight. laugh out loud

On another note, people are SHOCKED that my intact Beagle doesn't hump, doesn't mark, and isn't aggressive. big laugh

I've had a lady downtown, while I was walking Charlie, look at me and say, "Is he purebred? He's wayyy too good to be pure Beagle!" Sorry honey, he's purebred. It took SEVERAL YEARS to get him so good, lol!

I still can't believe the one so-called dog trainer that thinks Beagles are dumb cause she couldn't get one to stop lifting his front leg when he sat, and couldn't get him to stop pointing. When she called Beagles 'dumb Jack Russels', I smiled politely, looked at her and said, "So THAT explains why he knows over forty different commands!" She was shocked to say the least. Shocked that I had trained a Beagle so well and even further shocked that I had dared to talk back to her like that. My fiance just kept his mouth shut, with a knowing grin on his face.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 2:12pm PST 
Lol Charlie big grin

People tell me Jake's dumb all the time and if he's been exercised enough he's an angel. The people in petsmart still can't believe how well he's trained. I tell people all the time that have rescued beagles. If you put in the time they'll be great. It's also funny since Jake took to task training very well. If only he didn't have bad eyes.

I actualy mangaged to save one from being put in the pound because he owner assumed "small 30 minutes outside on the patio= exercise" and "oh hes a dog he already knows what i want him to do he's just stupid" mentality by showing him how i trained my beagle.

While his is still a little wild he's much better.

Oh i had another humping one. Since the dogster front page reminded me of this one. I get it a lot. Though when i read someone dumped their dog in the pound for this i was just like >.> Faith in humanity down a few points.

Random person- Your dog humps boy dogs is he gay? silenced

** I mean no offense to homosexuals by this. But people seriously seem to think this.

I look at said random person- No he's an opportunisitc (mental) "alpha" male.

WHat i really want to do and say naughty "NO FOOL!!!!"

** a note: jake tends to only hump large male spitz breed dogs. And it's only certain ones. I've noticed he tends to target intact Malamutes. ** I think it's his want fo there testosterone. He probably just misses his balls. He's only been without them for a year and a half and he's almost 4. shrug
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 2:19pm PST 
All German Shepherds are mean/'guard dogs' (or police dogs.)

If a Shepherd doesn't have a totally straight back, it means they have bad hips-- or just all GSDs have hip problems.

All German Shepherds are male (maybe they breed with the all female poodles mentioned above to reproduce? LOL)

There's no such thing as a black, sable, long coated, bicolor, or red and black GSD. It must be a mix.

Edited by author Wed Feb 27, '13 2:20pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 7 of 23: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]