GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 23: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 4:47pm PST 
“Min Pins can never be off leash.” (Excuse for not training dog.) “Min Pins hate leashes.” (Excuse for not walking dog.)

Same person also told me that their intact female would not breed with their intact male because “she hated her last puppies.”
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:42pm PST 
Beagles, huskies, and shiba inus can never be off-leash. Bull pucky, I have seen all of these breeds off-leash while under control.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:42pm PST 
lol Gizmo. Although I do know of two dogs (females) who apparently just really hate mating and the whole reproductive cycle as it is. Their owners have been trying--TRYING--to breed them, to the point where they'll just stick them with a male and let them be together 24/7 during their heats in hopes they'll actually do something this time, and they don't. Not that the males don't try, but these females will not allow them to. thinking Not that I agree with their desperate attempt to breed these girls, but it makes me wonder if dogs might actually have more free will than we think--at least enough to where even though their body is saying "time to have puppies!" their mind is saying "Nope! I don't want to!"

On the subject of intact dogs though (and I used to believe some of these. Boy I'm glad I learned better!)

"Intact males can never be off leash because they'll take the first chance they get to run off and find a female."

"Intact dogs will mark everything in your house."

"Intact males will hump everything."

Nix does none of those. wink

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 7:45pm PST

[notify]

Bella

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:45pm PST 
"He knows he was bad, he looks guilty."
Actually, he looks scared because he knows you're mad.

That all good dogs will tolerate endless mauling/obnoxious behavior by children forever. If you don't allow that then your dog must be dangerous.

As I'm trying to rehome Bella I've also come across people with the idea that once a dog realizes all her needs are being met and she's loved any issues will disappear and she'll become perfect. shrug No, that might actually take a little bit of training...

And of course everyone knows ALL problems that any dog has is either because they are part pitbull or they have been abused.
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:51pm PST 
"All poodles are female" laugh out loudbig laugh Yes, and they've ;earned to spontaneous;y reproduce. shrug laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 8:37pm PST 
Intact dogs have a high chance of getting cancer. Uhm, compared to what? If you don't have balls, you can't get cancer of the balls can you? BUT, what are the chances of a dog dying from the alteration? How much do you want to bet surgical death is as much as the chances of an intact dog dying from cancer...
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:24pm PST 
Kelpies are entirely out of control and can never, ever live in the house.
[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:01pm PST 
Terriers are unsafe around kittens/small animals. This is clearly demonstrated in my avatar. -_-

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 10:02pm PST

[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:25pm PST 
Lol Jasper- maybe poodles are like gremlins, feed them after midnight and BAM! More poodles! laugh out loud

Ava, I might believe them, except the female has had multiple litters of pups! big laugh Then when they have another litter to try to give away or take to the shelter they're like ‘D’oh! How did that happen?!?’ naughty
[notify]
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 8:39am PST 
That I must be mean because I am large and have a big face. Actually I have yet to meet the person I didn't like.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 23: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]