GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 23: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 8:38am PST 
Only huskies have blue eyes.

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 8:38am PST

[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:33am PST 
Goldens and Labs are vicious.

All English Springer Spaniels have "rage syndrome."
[notify]
Xena

What don't kill- me makes me- stronger

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:12am PST 
I've been told numerous times that my pit mixes have a locking jaw and that as they get older there brains get to big for there head and makes them go crazy. I have also herd the females should have a litter before being spayed.
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:20am PST 
Only rescues have behavioral problems. If Nick's issues and that he's a rescue is brought up in the same conversation some people have a 'Oh THAT explains it' type of response.

Pomeranians only weigh 5#

A friendly looking dog means that it must be a friendly dog.

Black spots on the tongue means it's a Chow Chow mix.

Black spot on the tail means it's a wolf mix.

Black spots anywhere else means it's a Dalmatian mix.

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 10:21am PST

[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:25am PST 
Cobain- Border Collies are vicious and unpredictable? Woah! Better not tell Nix! laugh out loud

Hmm... Nicky's post reminded me of a few more. xD

If it's purebred it's going to be very sickly and will cost you a fortune in vet bills.
Mutts are healthy. No matter what. They're immune to disease, ya know! laugh out loud

Another one that irks me: Sighthounds are stupid. The dog equivalent of a woman who's all beauty and no brains.

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 10:30am PST

[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:35am PST 
High protein food is bad for dogs that's why the FDA required dog food to show protein content on the bag but not carbs content.

Parents with children and pitbulls are to be reported to the authorities for child abuse for having a pitbull in close proximity to their children.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:49am PST 
We have to get rid of the chihuahua because we are having a baby and chihuahuas aren't good with kids.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:51am PST 
Well Kashmir must be a German Shepherd because she has a black mask big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Milo

My love is worth- your time

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 12:02pm PST 
Milo must be a golden mix because dachshunds dont come in that color.

Milo is a purebred cream dachshund who is 7 inches tall and weighs 10 lbs...
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 12:04pm PST 
"Rottweilers are aggressive and will turn on you."

"If you're not going to breed him, you have to get him neutered." Uhm. Hey, guess what? There's other reasons for not doing it too, including but not limited to health reasons!

"A smart dog just knows and doesn't need training or socialization."

"Once a dog gets the taste for blood, they always have a taste for blood and will kill or harm again and will thus be dangerous with their human family."

"If you beat a dog, you make it a good guard dog." silenced

"Shock collars are training collars to teach a dog wrong from right." I have a friend who got a shock collar for her two pibbles because she couldn't train them to show them what she WANTED and EXPECTED from them, and instead resorted to a shock collar. Poor dogs are terribly confused about what they can and cannot do aside from lay down.

"If you beat a dog for not coming when called, you make it learn to come when called." RIGHT. Cause that dog totally doesn't want to avoid you MORE next time.

"My Pugairn(Pug/Cairn Terrier mix) is purebred!" big laugh

"My Irish Wolfhound can't be walked. At all." Right, because a short walk is going to be so much worse on his growing joints than the thirty feet of stairs going from your deck to your backyard. Absolutely.

"Let them work it out." Cause I realllyyy want my little Beagle provoking a massive 100 lb Rottweiler into biting him. My dog would be the dead one. I'll gladly just keep them separated..

"Your dog is scared of cats cause you are." WHAT!? I've never been scared of cats in my life, but yes, for about a YEAR after he was ATTACKED and MAULED by a 25lb cat, of course my dog was scared of cats! His panic attacks when a cat would come near him totally had everything to do with me. wink

"Just let him be off leash! If he doesn't come back, he was too stupid anyway." No.. That would be.. He was smart enough to do what he was BRED TO DO and it was my dumb fault for letting him do it off leash in an unfenced area!

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 12:05pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 23: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]