GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 12 of 23: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  [Last 10 entry]  
Bullie

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:10pm PST 
Oooh! I did see two of the most amazing wolves on the beach last summer! They were rescues from a wild wolf who was taken in for something or other but found that the female was pregnant. Okay, I didn't really get the whole story. There were a jillion people circling the 2 "dogs" and so I only caught bits and pieces of the story. I did hear that they have to have a special permit to raise the "dogs" and they can't be raised in an area zoned residential, etc. etc.

And somebody in the crowd told me - we were all fooled, that they were just Huskies that were not cared for properly so they're very skinny with thin wiry hair.

Hmm... don't think so.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:11pm PST 
This is a really fun thread!!! People assume with Sophie that she is a boy too, even in broad daylight with a big pink cheetah collar. Maybe her coloring? Perhaps her muscles? But there is no hootie in sight, I am very sure she is female...look a bit closer peoplelaugh out loud
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 8:14pm PST 
Ava&Nix, don't feel bad I thought Toto was a standard too!
[notify]

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 9:01pm PST 
I was pulled over once for having an out tail light. yes embarrassing red face

The cop who pulled me over looking in my backseat and went "Nice pug you have there, is she restrained and does she bite? "

I looked in my backseat to see my very male beagle and replied. "No officer he doesn't bite and yes he's retrained by his harness."

And then things preceeded as susual and i got a fix it ticket for my out tail light.

Though to this day i can't figure out how you can mistake a 30lb tri color beagle for a pug.

shrug
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:38pm PST 
laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
Ch Zena

We don't- doodle!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:47pm PST 
Hey, Toto isn't THAT big... standard says over 10 inches up to 15 inches, he's 15.5 inches!!! But, it does amaze me how you cannot tell size by their photos... here is Zena, she is just 9 1/2 inches... looks JUST like Toto's photo taken the same day, in the same snow storm.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 8:41am PST 
It is really funny. smile When an online friend and I met for the first time in person I was surprised at how little her Border Collies looked compared to Nix. He's just a hair over 22" at the shoulder, which is on the tall side of normal for males, but still.

Edited by author Wed Mar 6, '13 8:42am PST

[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 8:49am PST 
Everyone here tells me that Cobain is such a tiny BC...but he's 21 inches tall which is right within the standard thinking
I too thought Toto was a Standard laugh out loud I blame it on relying only on pictures! I've found that size is sorta difficult to perceive through pics. People online tend to think that Rigby is a much bigger dog than she is. 18 inches tall, 32lbs laugh out loud

big laugh I figured that pugs were a pretty well identified breed...same with beagles big laugh
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 12:29pm PST 
I mistook a smooth coat Brussels Griffon for a pug mix once... I'd never seen OR heard of Brussels Griffon being smooth coats, lol...

I also mistook a 'toy' Australian Shepherd for a Pomeranian, although, I can imagine Poms are in there somewhere to make them 'toy'. VERY unstable temperament in that little thing..

Both were dogs that had come into the pet store I work in. You get some very.. er... interesting mixes and designer breeds walking in frequently..
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 1:35pm PST 
Tell me about it Charlie... I'm sure I've mentioned it here before but I know a pair of yorkie-pit bull mixes. They look like Standard Schnauzers, except they've got the fat bully head. One has skin issues too, but their owner brags "they're healthy because they're mixed."

Oh! Oh! And I thought of another one.

"Dogs never lie."

Say that after working in a kennel environment for a while. laugh out loud I can't tell you how many dogs I know who have learned that they can get attention by pretending to be in pain. We'll have dogs scream and yelp like they've got their toes stuck in a door or something, then you go and check on them and they're dancing around, happy as can be. Turn around to walk away, and there they go again... yelping like you're killing them. It gets so annoying, since you always have to check to make sure they didn't actually hurt themselves, and each time you check on them it just reinforces the "yelping = attention" behavior. It's an endless cycle. silenced

Edited by author Wed Mar 6, '13 1:39pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 12 of 23: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  [Last 10 entry]