GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 11 of 23: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  [Last 10 entry]  
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 6:34pm PST 
laugh out loud So I keep coming back and seeing more and more that applies to us laugh out loud

Like Marley, Rigby also must be a boy because she is black and tan. I put so much wretched PINK on this dog to persuade people to associate her with being a female, and nothing works naughty
[notify]
Chase

Oh boy!- Ohboyohboyohboy!

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 6:39pm PST 
Like many of you the "Oh, she's so good! You're so lucky to have a dog that's so well behaved!" Well... She certainly didn't arrive that way! It took a lot of work to get her the way she is now.
"Oh, how old is she? I bet she'll be big!" Nope, she's three and a half, I don't think she's getting much bigger.
Or when I tell people her mix (GSD/Husky) "Oh! She's pretty small for those breeds! Must be the runt!" Nope. She's 60 pounds. That's pretty average for female shepherds.
"She must try to eat your cat!" She loves cats. Especially our cat. She'll even let the cat eat her kibble at breakfast.
Or when strangers ask if they can pet her I say "If she'll let you, she's not always super keen on strangers." and when she acts aloof with them they assume she's not friendly, or that she's aloof with me at home. Nope. She just doesn't care for adult strangers. It really depends on the day.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 7:48pm PST 
lol! Back when I worked at a dog boutique where I could take Ava to work with me we'd get all sorts of silly comments. Like this one:

Lady: "How old is she?"
Me: "Somewhere around 18 months."
Lady: "18 MONTHS!??"
Me: "...Yeah...?"
Lady: "Oh my, she's just a baby! How big is she gonna get?"
Me: (thinking) I said 18 months... not 18 weeks. naughty

Oh, and Nix is also mostly black and tan, but he seems to have the opposite problem from Marley and Rigby. A lot of folks lately have been thinking he's a girl! I get that not many people are going to be looking under a dog's skirt, but his... er... weiner is really fluffy. It's a white tuft of long fur that sticks out from his undercarriage. Do you seriously not see that? thinking

Edited by author Sun Mar 3, '13 7:52pm PST

[notify]

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 8:53pm PST 
Had to add another one. Somebody was petting Clyde while we were on a walk recently and asked "Is he a puppy? How old is he?"
I look down at his obviously graying muzzle and say "Well, he just turned five not too long ago."
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:10am PST 
big laugh
That's really odd Nix, especially as you've got very close to the same colour combination as we do. (And from the sounds of things, they've got similar personalities too)
Rigby is always the boy, and Cobain since he's "pretty and blonde" is the girl laugh out loud

Maybe we should switch where we live, then they might get it right
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 5:35am PST 
Yeah, everyone thinks Nick is a girl. My grandma says "he's too pretty to be a boy!"
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 10:33am PST 
I normally walk a female English Bulldog and male Bichon Frise. Everybody always calls the Bulldog a he and the Bichon a she... even when I put the Bulldog in a red cheerleader outfit and the Bichon in black leather.

Okay, I do admit, the Bulldog looks wierd in her cheerleader outfit... lol.
[notify]
Beanster, CD, RN, CGC

We don't - doodle!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 12:16pm PST 
Is there any such thing as a MALE poodle???? If there is, people around here don't know about them...ALL my poodles are girls, even the one with a moustache. In reality, I have three of each!!!
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 12:19pm PST 
Toto's owner, it's funny, because I thought forever that Toto was a standard... and literally just yesterday I realized when looking at his page that he's a large mini. red face
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 12:31pm PST 
Ace being black and tan is assumed to be male, even before I tell people her name.

I forget if I mentioned it here or elsewhere, but I had the dogs in my car at a drive thru the other day, and Teeko was closest to the driver side, and the cashier asked if he was a wolf. Because people are always driving around with wolves and dogs in their cars, right? laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 11 of 23: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  [Last 10 entry]