GO!

*****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 17: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  
Aina- Aloysius de- LeMaitre

work hard, play- hard

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:36am PST 
Chiming in to keep this thread alive...
That puppy lemon law has nice intent. It is scary though. If someone buys a puppy that turns out having some 'defect' and they bring that pup back to the 'breeder,' what does that someone think is going to happen to that puppy? Most assuredly, the breeder will choose to euthanize the pup, even have it removed from breeding and registry records if the issue was hereditary. No wait, the puppy millers will likely put that puppy right back up for sale without disclosing the newly found info. Hmmmm....
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 11:21am PST 
I know of a couple who I would have thought would be too well informed to fall for the puppy store buy idea. Both of them seem intelligent enough. They bought the long desired for Bassett from a puppy store and in spite of it having all kinds of health issues, they went back later and bought a Corgi. (This is the same woman who seemed irked when I got a Corgi mix from the Animal Shelter.)

Finally, they got a third dog and this time they did adopt. Sadly, that dog has health problems as well, so won't be able to convince them that pet stores can be part of the problem in that respect.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 12:54pm PST 
Thanks Tiller for finding the news release...search on the website was not working for me!
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 1:51pm PST 
Has anyone looked at their facebook page? Vomit and cringe worthy.

Checked Google today, this thread had a spot on the first page which is now moved to at least the second.
I'm wondering if we should state "keystone puppies" within each post to bring that up? (Not entirely savvy with the world of Google admittedly laugh out loud)

To any passerby's that may be considering a Keystone Puppy - first impressions are not everything. These "nice" Amish farmers that you get these pups from put up a front for buyers. Yes, when you come over you see a big farm with the happy puppies running around and having a great time. Yet when you leave they're banished right back into the filth ridden cages awaiting someone new
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 4:46pm PST 
The Keystone Puppies breeders there don't list addresses. To those who visited a quaint little farm, odds are EXTREMELY high the puppy was transferred from a far less pastoral setting to meet you. Amish farmers make their living farming dogs....hundreds of dogs in crowded conditions. They do not view them as pets but as livestock, probably couldn't even tell you the temperament of their dogs. Saying the puppies are from Bob and Queenie sounds cute, but these aren't family members, pets or loved ones....they are commodities and are treated as such.

Here is a VIDEO taken on the sly by the HSUS of a puppy mill auction, and of note is how crowded it is with Amish people. And how accepted by them all the objectionable lingo, where is is clear dogs are viewed as cash cows, is. They don't care about dogs. They care about using dogs as livestock to make money.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 5:28am PST 
Tiller,the only difference is livestock has more value to the Amish.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 7:40am PST 
Tiller, that video was heart-wrenching. A friend of mine in Ontario has an ex in-law who would advertise adorable puppies as being home-raised on her beautiful acreage. In actual fact, she was a go-between for a puppy mill. People who bought puppies from her saw clean animals, lots of green grass-the whole pretty picture. The worst part is, she thought she was helping to rescue these puppies! It makes me sick.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 8:54am PST 
All I could do was hug my dog after watching that video cry
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 8:57am PST 
I can't even watch that sort of thing. I have to leave the room when they start showing that "Arms of an Angel" commercial. Or now it is "You Are So Beautiful."
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 10:50am PST 
Savy, I do to. It causes me actual pain to watch those commercials.
Tiller do we need to actually start new threads to keep this at the top of the search.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 17: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17