GO!

What do you think of this breeder?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 4:57pm PST 
My only concern was when she said in her blog that she got what she was looking for in the first litter and would therefore repeat that breeding and that they were show quality pups and she was looking for show homes for them. This was at five weeks old!!!
I have had way more than two litters over the years and, for the life of me, I cannot tell that a litter is good enough a:, to repeat the breeding until they are at least grown up, and b:, to guarantee show quality when the litter is even under a year of age, much less 5 or 6 weeks of age. Bites and ear sets and angles aren't even developed that young and show quality also depends on attitude and temperament, which is also not at all evident at that young age.
I will not sell a show prospect until it is at least 6 months old and even then, it is sold with show potential, not actually as a show prospect.
However, there was much good, minus the published health scores as already noted. except I would have expected to at least see some mention of NUA breeding or at the very least, some acknowledgement of the problem in the breed on the website.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 11:23am PST 
How did you come across this breeder? Did you join a Dal forum and ask for recommendations and what they thought constituted a good breeder? That's how I got referred to several good field and versatile Golden breeders.

Also, early neurological stimulation involves this: Early neurological stimulation and puppy socialization
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3