GO!

The Toy Rottweiler

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Isabella

Underwear Thief- & Purse snatcher

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 12:21pm PST 
They also have toy boxers listed? They don't really look like a boxer I'd like to own.. :
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 12:32pm PST 
Okay, being a dumbhead again...but isn't at least part of the point in owning a Lab/Rottie/Great Dane/St. Bernard ~ what have you ~ enjoying the BIGNESS of your dog? If you don't want a BIG dog, go ahead get a small one. But why, oh why! would anyone want a MINIATURE version of a BIG breed?
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 1:03pm PST 
Lolllll… Oh man I’m going to have fun with this! Thank you. I truly do enjoy a good debate.

I don’t love the Min Pin, but to go on, as Kolbe said, each breed was created far more carefully than that, and each of them had a PURPOSE for being bred. If I’m correct, the Miniature Pinscher was bred for ratting(and it’s a total misconception to believe that they are mini Dobermans) and the only thing these two share in common is looks, but the Min Pin was bred with a purpose as well and is an old breed. The Bull Terrier was originally bred for the control of vermin population, as well as animal blood-sports. The German Shepherd was bred to be a versatile working dog – they can herd, track, guard, do protection work, do obedience work, you name it and they can usually do it. Again. All PURPOSE-bred without the intentions of meeting a market-demand for that ‘cute’ puppy.

Once again, the Miniature Pinscher WAS NOT created to look like a miniature Doberman. They were bred for ratting and vermin control. Do your research. This has NOTHING in common with the fact that someone is breeding dogs together to get a mini Rottweiler look-a-like, with only that purpose in mind. To say so is naïve.

Even little dogs need to get out on walks. Enough said on that point.

CKC/AKC registration DOES NOT mean a breeder is a good, reputable breeder, or responsible with their dogs! It’s not hard for people to get in with a CKC/AKC registration and STILL be a bad breeder! So no, coming back when they have registration STILL won’t do much for your case in my personal opinion. ome back when they stop breeding MULTIPLE toys! Come back when they're PURPOSE-bred. Come back when they're doing PROPER HEALTH TESTING.

THE ONLY reason these guys need homes too, is because they’re being bred! But, I’ll leave the contradictions in your own wording alone for you to figure out. big laugh

I don’t JUST have an issue with the Toy Rottweiler. I also have an issue with the other ‘breeds’ listed on their site. The Toy Beagle! The Toy Bulldog! The Toy Boxer! And last, but certainly not least, the Toy Panda Dog! WHAT in the world makes you think, after they have ALL these ‘breeds’ listed, that they aren’t just breeding for the market demand and to get money? SHAME on you!

Tiller, as always, amazingly well put!
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 2:25pm PST 
Oh my WORDY -

"Sometimes multiple puppies can be purchased for breeding under the New Breeder starter plan: PAY ONLY HALF DOWN NOW remainder deferred until paid from your first puppy profits!"

........or.............

"A puppy that is sold for an adoptive price of $500 or less will not receive the 72 hour replacement guarantee or the one year replacement warranty. This additional protection may be purchased for $100 before shipment of the puppy."
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 2:37pm PST 
Sanka-- maybe a "midsized"? laugh out loud

Or-- bigger than a mini-- could be a compact?

Edited by author Sat Nov 17, '12 2:38pm PST

[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 2:40pm PST 
Wow.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 3:29pm PST 
Tillerapplause and Thank-you.

Mini rottie,boxer,who-z-whatsis shrug
Why just Why?shrug naughtysilenced
[notify]
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 4:31pm PST 
Ugh...And what's with the mini panda dog thing? There is no such thing as a "Panda Dog" in the first place, so how can you have a mini one! "Panda Dog" comes from China where cruel people took black paint to a white fluffy dog and gave them the marks of a panda, around their eyes, which often irritated them badly, then put them in a pen for show. Same as the "Tiger Dog" just a lab painted all over the body with strips and then put in a pen the same way scared to death for the press to come flash bright lights in their eyes because it was like a tamed tiger. naughty
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 8:57pm PST 
Tiller applause
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 11:27am PST 
I actually know the woman in North Carolina who breeds these and other dogs. "Reputable" is NOT a word I would use to describe her dog breeding methods. In short, she takes small breed dogs and crosses them with each other to try and achieve a certain colour or body. The black & tan colouring you speak of first showed up as "Pocket Beagles" under one of her breeding names: "Queen's Carousel". She sold off most of the litter as beagles and then switched the last 2 that didn't sell into the "Rottie Bear" category. They also showed up under "Toy Boxers". You'll find that often times this will occur. One dog will be titled as a "Toy Beagle", "Toy Rottie" AND "Toy Bulldog". She also breeds under the names "Sandhills Toy Boxers" and her name. These dogs ARE NOT "raised in the home" as is stated: they are brought inside until they sell or grow older and then they are thrown outside until they are craigslisted away or used to breed. These are NOT "family pets": they are a business tool for this group & rarely have human contact beyond being fed and having their pens hosed out once they are sent out.
It truly is disturbing what they are permitted to get away with.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4