GO!

Breed Guess - New Foster #1

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 8:28am PST 
So I got two new fosters this weekend. This one was Friday's pick-up. A northern dog re-named Jettsen, found a week a go at a spay/neuter clinic with quills in his face and a broken leg. He's going to a vet tomorrow about the leg, likely it will be amputated.

He's under 50lbs, best I can give you for weight right now because he's lighter to lift then the basset foster I had.

In the car, ready to end this transport!!

You should petz me more!

Comfy grass.

On the move!
[notify]
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 8:45am PST 
Um....
Australian Shepherd mix?
[notify]
Molly

Shiba-dors rule!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:02am PST 
I agree, looks like some Aussie in there. Maybe a bit of Border Collie or Sheltie also. Whatever he is, he looks like a sweetie. big grin
[notify]

Niki

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:09am PST 
Actually might be pure Aussie there. Has low breaking (and beautiful!) ears and an undocked tail ... but otherwise looks Aussie to me (including color).

Very cute!!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:27am PST 
Is this black with tank marking an Aussie colouring? I didn't know that.

Okay just googled. OMG that is his face! Doesn't seem like there's a lot of black & tans, even when I put that right in the search a lot of them didn't come up. He's for sure a mix if not pure. Thanks!!

Edited by author Mon Oct 1, '12 9:31am PST

[notify]
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 3:48pm PST 
Reminds me of my Lizzie!! I want him!!
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:25pm PST 
I think color variation is more common in Aussies than most people know. They are quite easily confused with other breeds .... but Aussies are quite a colorful breed - and not all the lesser seen colors are rare by any means. Here's a link to them: smile

http://www.ashgi.org/color/
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 6:15pm PST 
The Aussie breed was made "official" by the AKC quite recently. Dogs from older stock have a lot of variation in color/size/ear set/etc because they were working dogs, bred for function, not so much form! My girl is from older working lines (or so her old owner told me). She is colored oddly but otherwise is all Aussie.
[notify]
Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 6:45pm PST 
He's very cute!
[notify]
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 7:22pm PST 
There could be some black and tan English Shepherd in there too, although under 50 lbs is on the smaller side for a male ES.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2