GO!

Possible adoption - Guess the mix!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 8:11pm PST 
This is just for fun, and maybe a little for my personal dog education. My husband and I are looking to adopt a dog after months of searching and research, and we've finally found a dog that looks like a really good fit. Here's a few photos:

Buddy the Spaniel Mix

Buddy the Spaniel Mix 2

He's listed as a spaniel mix, which seems fairly obvious. But I'm really curious as to which spaniels, and what other odds and ends, might be in there. He's cocker-sized, but with a much straighter coat, and a different head. Also, he's a fairly low energy pup, which seems atypical of most spaniels. If anyone has ideas about what might be in there, I'd really appreciate hearing it! Thanks!
[notify]
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 1:13pm PST 
He looks like a Cavalier/Cocker mix... and looks to be the size of a Cavalier not a Cocker. If he has Cavie in him, that would explain the lower energy. He's a cutie though!!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 2:50pm PST 
He is cute, isn't he? I'm kind of in love. Now that you say it, I can totally see the Cavalier in him. That's great, as Cavaliers and Cockers are two of my favorite breeds (I'm a total spaniel person). The only thing that makes me worry about is maybe his heart health...
[notify]

Dexter

Playtime? Pretty- pleeease?

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 7:16pm PST 
We brought Buddy home today! His new name is Dexter. We couldn't be happier!
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 12:16am PST 
welcome Dexter! Love the name. smile
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 12:55am PST 
welcomeDexter.partycheer on finding a happy forever home.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 11:16am PST 
What a little cutie pie! Congrats!
[notify]