GO!

Working Dogs?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 12:28pm PST 
I'd have to go with a Portuguese Water Dog. They're well rounded and up for everything. I've even seen Porties herding. I also, personally feel, like Portie bloodlines are far less tainted than most poodles these days.
[notify]
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 5:53pm PST 
Catahoula...no doubt. big grin
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:02am PST 
Gee Cain what do you base that on? Do you happen to own one? Or 50? laugh out loud
[notify]

Zephyr

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 4:45pm PST 
While yes, being a pet is nice, it's not what makes a working dog and really has no bearing on their ability to succeed as such. And frankly most behavior problems in GSDs come from people who follow the "They don't need a job" advice. Some may not but most do and to ignore that inherent desire for a job is incredibly cruel.

Even the "mostly pet" GSDs I know with trainers have jobs.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3