GO!

Designer Crosses

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 7 of 13: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 5:45pm PST 
The Original labradoodle breeders gave up on them because they couldn't get what they Wanted out of them... Which was a non shedding lab. The temperaments never meshed right and they coat is unpredictable. There are still some that are being bred for service work but honestly I don't get it. There are perfectly good breeds that are non shedding without the mess they've gotten themselves into.

My problem with the whole designer dog craze is multi-pronged but the most important of my complaints is that most of the breeders stick with the 'hybrid vigor' mess which is only useful if the stock you're breeding from is Healthy to begin with. I have this argument with the whole of the 'myth' theory. You only get healthy genetics from healthy genetics.

I don't have problems with cross breeding.. you can't be in working border collies and have a problem with it. Heck most of the hard stock lines are about the same as kmpv bred dogs. I actually am really fond of some of the purpose bred crosses.

What I don't like is the random throwing of two dissimilar breeds together for no purpose and adding a cutsie name to it to sell them for more money than the pure breds that go into them. I would say a good 95% of the one's I've met have been spastic. Actually the worst bite I've seen was from a labradoodle who bit three people in my salon and put two of them in the hospital. The cockapoos which have been being breed for just about as long Still have the same health problems they did starting out ... allergies and skin issues are Horrible. But what do you expect when Both breeds you're working with have these issues?

I'll stick to my working dogs thanks just the same.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 7:38pm PST 
At the beach today I was told of another designer dog being created. A Bernese X Poodle. Why? What are people looking for in a cross like that?

This crossing of breeds willy nilly is getting out of hand.

In the same conversation, someone mentioned that they saw a mini St.Bernard the other day. What's the frigging point in making a mini Saint?
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 9:16am PST 
Yeah there's so many border collie/any toy breed they can get their hands on crosses to try and get collie mixes into mini agility frown there's a great little papillon/poodle cross that was purpose bred (the dad at least is one of the top mini agility dogs). Presumably though if you're purposely breeding for a high impact sport like agility you would be ensuring the puppies will be as sound as possible.

I remember seeing a site a while back that had among other things mini saints but they were some crossbreed and some really random breeds in there including pekingese confused
[notify]

Rupert

I love Ashlyn/Go- Donny Osmond Go

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 12:26pm PST 
I am sorry if you have a lab and cross it with a poodle and get a ladoodle you will still shedding. ALL DOGS SHEEDING. It is no such thing has a non shedding dog, I would know my mom has been a dog groomer for over 30 years and still doing it, If you comb on a poodle and when you get hair out what is that called sheeding it just stays in coat,
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 12:46pm PST 
I started listening to a cobversation at the grocery store the other day. The guy was telling the cashier that he paid $1600 for a purebred schnoodle. When I saw him outside I couldn't resist. I asked him if he really paid that much for a mixed breed dog. When he told me yes, but it wasn't a mix it was a purebred schnoodle (scnauzer-poodle). I then asked him if he would like to buy some ocean front property in AZ. shrug
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 3:23pm PST 
I got into an argument the other day with a woman who insisted that the schnoodle, labradoodle and cockapoo were all now AKC accepted breeds. I for the life of me couldn't figure out where she had gotten such information.
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 3:33pm PST 
Met a Giant Scnoodle! Really, a Giant Schnauzer and Standard Poodle mix, nice dog though, but I guess I am still stuck with why? Both GS and SP are low to non-shedding breeds.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 6:52pm PST 
The most pointless mix I saw was a SharPei/Bloodhound being sold at a pet store. I guess someone just wanted a wrinkly dog shrug
[notify]
Rupert

I love Ashlyn/Go- Donny Osmond Go

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 7:06pm PST 
ALL DOGS SHEDDING!!!!!!!!! POODLES,YORKIES,SHIH TUZ,ETC
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 8:00pm PST 
I complained to HQ about the article series, and Watch Dog emailed me to say they are sorry the article "did not meet my approval." I give up!
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 13: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13