GO!

Guess his breeds!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 7:58pm PST 
This is Farley's new friend Zorro! You'll see why he is named Zorro in the photos smile We found him loose the other day, and when I took him home I realized he and his owners only live about 4 blocks away from us. He is an indian reserve rescue, just like Farley big grin

Anyone want to guess his breeds? He's roughly Farley's size (Farley is 24" tall and 70 lbs). He has a pretty high prey drive, LOVES kids, and loves ALL people, even absolute strangers. He has rear dew claws. He's also not a very good watch dog.. so sort of the absolute opposite of Farley as far as temperament goes laugh out loud

Zorro 1

Zorro 2

Zorro 3

Edited by author Sun Jun 17, '12 8:04pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 9:23pm PST 
Even though the size and tail is all wrong, I can see Akita in there somewhere ...
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 9:58pm PST 
I see Belgian Malinois... and/or Canaan Dog! shock The Canaan's a lesser known breed.

Edited by author Sun Jun 17, '12 10:06pm PST

[notify]

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 6:08am PST 
Not sure be he sure is beautiful like Farley!!
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 3:03pm PST 
I do agree- I see some Malinois in there, even though it isn't very likely. As far Canaan dog- SUPER unlikely, but I definitely see the resemblance! I'm quite sure this guy is made up of three breeds at the VERY least, seeing as reserve dogs are basically almost always un-spayed/un-neutered and wild, and are left to interbreed all random and crazy-like. Farley was born in an indian reserve and his DNA test showed at least 4 breeds.

He is such a neat looking dog! I told his owners they should work on making him a therapy dog, as it's almost crazy how much he adores humans. smile
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 3:17pm PST 
Jackson Tan, my initial thought was also Akita... His build is very Akita-ish... I also agree on Belgian Malinios...

One thing's for sure... He's beautiful smile
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 6:35pm PST 
For some reason I see American Akita X too..
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 7:22pm PST 
I see Saint Bernard in the face, coloring/body markings and tail. Mixed with what, I dont know.
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '12 10:59pm PST 
Wow, I just saw this coloring for the Icelandic Sheepdog and I thought of Zorro. wink

http://www.crossbreezefarm.com/icelandic_sheepdogs

Whether or not Zorro actually has this breed in his lines, that mask and some markings are eerily similar. big grin

Edited by author Thu Jun 21, '12 11:00pm PST

[notify]
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 12:01pm PST 
Akita, GSD, and.....Boxer. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2